Operation Market Garden

Resica

76 years ago today. Largest airborne operation in history.101'st, 82nd, 1 British Airborne and a Polish airborne brigade. "A Bridge too Far". The British division and the Poles were devastated around Arnhem. The 1st Airborne never operated again as a unit.

Whitefeather

Management Material
Those were the true Heroes

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

AceOfTheBase

I got from my dad (WWII-Ranger, RIP) that as leaders go, Paton was feared while Eisenhower was respected. Paton offered a free weekend pass to anyone who took out an enemy tank, dad & his buddy tried their hardest but were under gunned at key moments. "Remember MALMEDY "

Hillbilly stalker

The US used Patton’s movements to distract the Krauts from the real LZ....Normandy. When the enemy respects a Commander that much...he’s top notch. The Germans never could understand why the U.S government handcuffed their own best General. Even Rommel respected him.

WishboneW

I got from my dad (WWII-Ranger, RIP) that as leaders go, Paton was feared while Eisenhower was respected. Paton offered a free weekend pass to anyone who took out an enemy tank, dad & his buddy tried their hardest but were under gunned at key moments. "Remember MALMEDY "

One of my uncles was in Patton’s army. Operated 50 cal on a APC. Bronze star. Was at Normandy until the end of the war. Never talked about it