any recommendations for ACTION CAMERA?

outdoorman

I'm thinking about an Action Camera like GoPro but want to hear suggestions for any better alternatives for a 'value' spender (that I am!).
I have never owned one but think it would be cool to capture video when I'm either sitting in a stand or kayak fishing.
Thanks

westcobbdog

attended a home inspection yesterday where the inspector wore a go pro in the event he were to be accused of breaking something, stealing something, ect..he had been accused once before. Also small enough strapped on his chest as to be out of the way.

Jrpc16

I'll second the Akaso. If I remember I got it for about $125 with the accessories. I added a hat clip for fishing for about $10 and works pretty good. Only issues that I have had with it is in low light conditions it doesn't have great quality, but with good light it's really pretty good. Only negative thing I can say of it is that there is no Zoom feature, so I still end up using my Canon for some video but it's limited to 1080p, where as the Akaso does shoot 4K.

donj

I'll second the Akaso. If I remember I got it for about $125 with the accessories. I added a hat clip for fishing for about $10 and works pretty good. Only issues that I have had with it is in low light conditions it doesn't have great quality, but with good light it's really pretty good. Only negative thing I can say of it is that there is no Zoom feature, so I still end up using my Canon for some video but it's limited to 1080p, where as the Akaso does shoot 4K.

Cmp1

BANNED
Just curious if you use it for bowhunting too?
I don't, but you could with all the accessories,,,,for around 20.00 you can get a ton of accessories,,,,good quality too, mine came with a nice case too,,,,
The only thing I can say bad about the Akaso is no lens cap,,,,I use the underwater case for protection

For lower light conditions, you can change the exposure settings,,,,
My Akaso was 80.00 on Amazon,,,,I have the Brave 4,,,,

Latest posts