parakeets players are shocked !

tr21

they said they are shocked at the way they lost that game.:banginghe:rofl:is anybody else shocked at how they lost ? facepalm: not me !!!:deadhorse:

biggdogg

I watched the replay of that onside kick (ironically, the ONLY football I've watched since the season started). I believe embarrassed or ashamed are the descriptives they should have used. The receiving team watched that ball roll 4 yards and didn't attempt to recover the ball until it was legal for Dallas to touch. Any Pop Warner kid knows what to do with an onside kick and guys making millions acted like they've never even seen one.

TinKnocker

I am not sure how 11 players make it all the way to the pro level and onto the field in such a clutch moment and don't realize the receiving team can touch/catch the ball before it goes 10 yards.

tr21

I am not sure how 11 players make it all the way to the pro level and onto the field in such a clutch moment and don't realize the receiving team can touch/catch the ball before it goes 10 yards.
they aren't pro's, not even real foozball players, but they did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night !

turkeykirk

“It’s hard to soar like an eagle (Falcon) when you are surrounded by turkeys”.AEEB0B41-6B6B-4A69-AEC2-D917AE609D01.jpeg

bullgator

That’s funny. I’ll bet that special teams coach feels guilty when he cashes his next paycheck.

BornToHuntAndFish

Sorry for parakeets being insulted & compared with loser Falcons.::ke:

tr21

Dan Quinn says Falcons players knew onside kick rule, but video tells a different story

Liz Roscher
Mon, September 21, 2020, 9:29 AM EDT

The Atlanta Falcons suffered a wholly incomprehensible 40-39 loss on Sunday to the Dallas Cowboys, giving up a sizable lead and biffing the recovery of a weak onside kick in the final minutes of the game to suffer quite the embarrassing defeat.
This Cowboys team looked pretty bad for most of the game, but when it counted, the Falcons were worse. The most unforgivable of their sins was completely screwing up the recovery of the Cowboys’ onside kick

tr21

this must be yahoo sports's first year of following the parakeets. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

biggdogg

That’s funny. I’ll bet that special teams coach feels guilty when he cashes his next paycheck.

I won't put that on the ST coach. Most any football player better already know what an onside kick is and what to do with one by the time they get to middle school. As far as cashing a check, I wouldn't give a single player on special teams their game check until another team makes the same "mistake"...

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
My thought when I saw it was that somebody paid those guys some big bucks to act that foolish. They were already paid before the paycheck. facepalm::huh:

biggdogg

My thought when I saw it was that somebody paid those guys some big bucks to act that foolish. They were already paid before the paycheck. facepalm::huh:

In all honesty. If you watch that play, it legitimately looks like a team deliberately trying to throw a game. Whether that is the case or not, who knows. But you will never convince me that a football player, professional or otherwise, that has been playing the game the majority of his life has no idea what the rules are regarding an onside kick.

ATLFalconsfan80

Im finding it hilarious all the hate yall have for my beloved team.....:bounce::bounce:....

There is alot of hatred...hahaha...be honest...yall lost some money in that SB didnt ya??? hahaha...

I did....:bounce::bounce:

bullgator

I won't put that on the ST coach. Most any football player better already know what an onside kick is and what to do with one by the time they get to middle school. As far as cashing a check, I wouldn't give a single player on special teams their game check until another team makes the same "mistake"...
I would!, thats why you have a ST coach. Most NFL players only have a degree because it was gifted to them with a lot of tutors help. Not many would get to the $1000 dollar question on “Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader”.
I mean really, it’s not like you have to take more than 2 minutes explaining that little gem of a rule.

biggdogg

I would!, thats why you have a ST coach. Most NFL players only have a degree because it was gifted to them with a lot of tutors help. Not many would get to the $1000 dollar question on “Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader”.
I mean really, it’s not like you have to take more than 2 minutes explaining that little gem of a rule.

I didn't say nuttin about their book smarts. The majority of players in the NFL have been taking shots to the head since they could walk. They may not be able to spell their own name, but they should know to pounce on a loose football long before they get to the pros.