Video camera

donj

Just wondering if anyone videos their shots?? What camera do you use?? Go Pro?? Looking for some insight!!
Thanks!!

1gr8bldr

Shots as in gun, bow...? A go pro with a bow shot is barely enough for short range. It will give you a speck of dust view of a gun shot. They also are awful at low light. I don't have the answer, only that a gopro is not the answer. There are many barrel mounted cameras on the marked these days. Tatacam being one. These offer a bit of magnification.

donj

Shots as in gun, bow...? A go pro with a bow shot is barely enough for short range. It will give you a speck of dust view of a gun shot. They also are awful at low light. I don't have the answer, only that a gopro is not the answer. There are many barrel mounted cameras on the marked these days. Tatacam being one. These offer a bit of magnification.

1gr8bldr

Even recurve, ultra close is no good with a go pro. But, as I mentioned, a little magnification is needed. Tatacam was about right for 10 to 30 yards. However, just consider that a reference. I'm way out of date on my knowledge of choices. I suspect there are many these days

shdw633

I use a lidcam and a pair of Moultrie video glasses to film my shots. The older lidcams like I have had a zoom feature so you could fine tune how close of shot you wanted to see and the video glasses are great for that wider view shot, plus neither vibrate as you are shooting your bow like I have seen others that are attached to the bow do.