Dove fields - Pine Log vs McGraw Ford

TinFoilHat

I have some experience with public dove fields in Middle Georgia but I've never been to any of the North Georgia fields. I took my brother a couple of weeks ago to Fall Line WMA where he got his first (and only) dove and he is hooked. We're looking to go to either Pine Log or McGraw Ford WMA tomorrow before the first Dove "season" closes. Does anyone have any experience with these two?

They appear to be similar in size with Pine Log having a small retention pond on the north field, while McGraw Ford is on the Etowah River. Any advice for these would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

dtwilkins

I have some experience with public dove fields in Middle Georgia but I've never been to any of the North Georgia fields. I took my brother a couple of weeks ago to Fall Line WMA where he got his first (and only) dove and he is hooked. We're looking to go to either Pine Log or McGraw Ford WMA tomorrow before the first Dove "season" closes. Does anyone have any experience with these two?

They appear to be similar in size with Pine Log having a small retention pond on the north field, while McGraw Ford is on the Etowah River. Any advice for these would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Went to Pine Log last Monday. Saw 3 passing birds across Lower field. By the way they are logging at the back of the field.

Cpanic222

Hunted McGraw last weekend. Saw a few birds in the back field but did not have any luck. The rain that we had this year just flooded that whole field area out.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I think you will be disappointed in mcgraw ford’s 2500 acre access.
Hwy 372 is a very very loud road and conns creek isn’t any better.
Maybe for dove it’s great but for deer hunting it’s nothing more than a good joke.
I don’t even consider it a real wma yet. Hardly any signs that prove your on wma land.
And walking the powerline be ready for chiggers.
Seems too many local WMA’s are logging at the same time this year.
The map of mcgraw ford is disappointing in itself. It’s not for me.

TinFoilHat

Hunted McGraw last weekend. Saw a few birds in the back field but did not have any luck. The rain that we had this year just flooded that whole field area out.
I think you will be disappointed in mcgraw ford’s 2500 acre access.
Hwy 372 is a very very loud road and conns creek isn’t any better.
Maybe for dove it’s great but for deer hunting it’s nothing more than a good joke.
I don’t even consider it a real wma yet. Hardly any signs that prove your on wma land.
And walking the powerline be ready for chiggers.
Seems too many local WMA’s are logging at the same time this year.
The map of mcgraw ford is disappointing in itself. It’s not for me.

Thank you both for the feedback

chrisn1818

Pine Log has been hunted hard since the beginning of the season. I sat for 4 hours one Friday morning with 5 other groups and no one fired a shot. Take a look at a clear cut on a local WMA. Been having some success hunting clear cuts on private land.