it looks like ammo sales are slowing down

tr21

got a txt from target sports usa saying they have cci blazer 9mm in stock .60 a round. well it's been 2 hrs and they're still available. for the last few weeks it's been selling out in 3 minutes or less at this price or higher. maybe prices will start coming down now for those of ya'll that need it....

tr21

my point is it's finally slowing down so prices should come down. there's no reason for a seller to lower the price when he cant keep it in stock at a higher price.

Nimrod71

Sales are slowing down as less ammo is available. Two weeks ago at our local gun store people were still coming in looking for blasting ammo and regular p istol ammo. We were out. The owner has been paying retail prices just to have ammo on the shelf to sale his guns. Most people want buy a gun if they can't get ammo for it. I had a customer ask for rifle ammo which was $48 a box, he ask for all 5 boxes. We only sale one box to a customer. We were completely out of 9 mm, 40 cal, 38,357,380, 7.62 X 39, 5.56, 223, 12 ga. slugs and buck shot. We still have most rifle hunting ammo.

tr21

if you read my post, sales at target sports are slowing down on ammo they have in stock. 9mm last week would sell out in 3 min. today at the same price it lasted for over 2 hrs. just checked and its still in stock so it's lasted 8 hrs ....

bullgator

got a txt from target sports usa saying they have cci blazer 9mm in stock .60 a round. well it's been 2 hrs and they're still available. for the last few weeks it's been selling out in 3 minutes or less at this price or higher. maybe prices will start coming down now for those of ya'll that need it....
I’m getting the same feeling about the panic buying may have already peaked. I’m not sure what direction it goes on November 4th.

transfixer

I think most people have spent all the money they can afford to on buying ammo, and guns to a certain degree, I've noticed prices on AR uppers have come down in the last two or three weeks,

tr21

I think most people have spent all the money they can afford to on buying ammo, and guns to a certain degree, I've noticed prices on AR uppers have come down in the last two or three weeks,
i've noticed that also on the emails from psa

killerv

yeah, a coworker got one of those 379 free floated uppers from psa the other day, actually only about 50 bucks more than they were before all this.

I'm seeing a lot more 9mm and other handgun rounds in stock at local stores, but prices still too high for me. $269 for 500 rounds of herters shoot'em up 9? $55 for a 100rd pack of whitebox winchester? No thanks.

Nimrod71

Yes, gun sales are slowing down. I think everyone who ones a couple have them by now. Hoarders are still at work. How much ammo do you need? I looked at Gun Broker last night and people are asking $100 a thousand for primers. I bought them last year for $35. It just boils down to how bad you need them or how much will you pay to add to your stock pile. If you want prices to go down, stop paying the high prices for something you don't need. If you don't have ammo for you primary weapon by all means get some, buy or borrow some from a friend.

LittleDrummerBoy

Brass cased 9mm was $13 or so for 50 rounds at Academy earlier this week. Not a lot on the shelf though. I hope manufacturing is catching up with demand. Dunno really.

Nimrod71

Our LGS has been in business since 1973, this is the first time they have been out of 30-30 ammo. They did have some 40 Cal.

killerv

I'm also noticing a lot more handguns back in stock, at higher prices and just sitting. Just a month ago a glock wouldn't last 5 minutes at my lgs.

Nimrod71

I think most people have already bought all the guns they want or can afford. All depends on the election, if it goes the wrong way I expect gun and ammo sales to take off and prices with them. The Demorats have already told us they don't like guns and they are coming after your AR's and AK's as well as high capacity magazines and do you really need 100 rounds of ammo.