It's apple time.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Worst case scenario, slag that jewel down with a quart of icing.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Never had that, but that sure looks and sounds good. I can eat my weight in fried apple fritters, and I'm a pretty big ol' boy. :)

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
It musta been good. Only have a half a loaf left. It was good and cinnamony. It a do agin for sure.

Last edited:

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
My mom made those back when I was a youngin. We covered it with homemade apple butter

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Icing, the gravy of the baking world!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Right now, I'm trying to talk myself out of baking one of those. I done looked up a receipt. :)

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Right now, I'm trying to talk myself out of baking one of those. I done looked up a receipt. :)

That happened to me last Sunday when a fella posted a pineapple upside down cake he baked his wife.

Mine was ugly(only had pineapple chunks) but it was good.

nkbigdog

They normally have the big Apple Festival up here the 2nd and 3rd week of October..They called it off due to this covid crap...Well the 60,000 tourist did not get that info soooooo...We have been slammed with heavy traffic, it's insane..I usually stay away from town during this time but....I took a chance and regretted it..Looks Great Mandy!

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
They normally have the big Apple Festival up here the 2nd and 3rd week of October..They called it off due to this covid crap...Well the 60,000 tourist did not get that info soooooo...We have been slammed with heavy traffic, it's insane..I usually stay away from town during this time but....I took a chance and regretted it..Looks Great Mandy!
Back in the good old days me, Mama, Diddi and Cody would go to the Apple Festival every year. Good times. :rockon:

nkbigdog

Back in the good old days me, Mama, Diddi and Cody would go to the Apple Festival every year. Good times. :rockon:
Ellijay has a farmers market next to the court house about 5 months during the spring and summer..I pick up my duck eggs there just for baking..They are much richer in taste then free range chickens.