Wife's Birthday Supper!

ryork

Asked the wife what she wanted for a birthday supper this weekend, and she said steak, scallops and sprouts! So, I tried to deliver..... NY Strip for her and Ribeye for me, and I have to say her NY Strip was one of the best steaks I've ever had. Thank you Harvest Time Market! The sprouts were seared in some bacon drippings and then braised a little while with garlic, onion, a little w'shire sauce and chicken stock. Added some toasted pecans and dried cranberries right at the end. Seared the scallops in sesame oil and served with a ginger-saffron cream sauce. And for dessert...... no idea where this came from really. I had bought some dessert items, but had stuff laying around and decided to use it. We had the store bought stuff the next evening. T'hat's a grilled quesadilla with brie cheese, molasses, honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg, along with a poached and then grilled pear lathered up in brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter, with a bourbon-vanilla sauce and chopped mint. Odd yes, but very good!

10-26 (12).jpg10-26 (13).jpg10-26 (15).jpg10-26 (17).jpg10-26 (16).jpg10-26 (20).jpg10-26 (18).jpg10-26 (14).jpg10-26 (19).jpg

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Looks like it came from a top of the line restaurant.

Happy birthday!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That looks absolutely delicious! I had a birthday a week or so ago, just sayin'. :sadz:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Mighty fine, and happy birthday to your Lady.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Brother your wife has dang good taste and I'm nothing short of impressed with your execution. Everything sounds amazing to me.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Asked the wife what she wanted for a birthday supper this weekend, and she said steak, scallops and sprouts! So, I tried to deliver..... NY Strip for her and Ribeye for me, and I have to say her NY Strip was one of the best steaks I've ever had. Thank you Harvest Time Market! The sprouts were seared in some bacon drippings and then braised a little while with garlic, onion, a little w'shire sauce and chicken stock. Added some toasted pecans and dried cranberries right at the end. Seared the scallops in sesame oil and served with a ginger-saffron cream sauce. And for dessert...... no idea where this came from really. I had bought some dessert items, but had stuff laying around and decided to use it. We had the store bought stuff the next evening. T'hat's a grilled quesadilla with brie cheese, molasses, honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg, along with a poached and then grilled pear lathered up in brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter, with a bourbon-vanilla sauce and chopped mint. Odd yes, but very good!

View attachment 1046113View attachment 1046114View attachment 1046115View attachment 1046116View attachment 1046117View attachment 1046118View attachment 1046119View attachment 1046120View attachment 1046122

Looks Fantastic!!!!