Feeling like a kid again

Josh B

I was too lazy to get up and go deer hunting so I figured what the heck and grabbed my old Benjamin Sheridan. I don't normally hunt squirrel but I had fun. I did the fun part and the nasty part. Now I'm soaking them in ice water before I pressure cook them. I plan on squirrel and dumplings. Never done it before.IMG_20201022_114806926.jpg

Hillbilly stalker

Great hunt man ! It does make a fellow feel like a young un again. If you ain’t never had squirrel dumplings before.....prepare yourself for a taste buds overload. :clap: Some guys have even said they thought about going back and slapping their momma for depriving them all these years :waggingfinger:. All bull aside you had a fine hunt and are in for a treat.

Their good in spaghetti, tacos, pizza, gulosh and a bunch more. Squirrel pot pie is another good one.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Congrats Josh,
Granny fried them for breakfast or made dumplings. i preferred the dumplings by far.

Hunter/Mason

I’ve still got my silver streak in .20 cal. The pump is worn out but there’s not enough $ in the world to buy it. Saved all my money when I was 8 to buy it.

Ray357

AWOL
I was too lazy to get up and go deer hunting so I figured what the heck and grabbed my old Benjamin Sheridan. I don't normally hunt squirrel but I had fun. I did the fun part and the nasty part. Now I'm soaking them in ice water before I pressure cook them. I plan on squirrel and dumplings. Never done it before.View attachment 1045199
My Granny used to cook some fine squirrel dumplings.

Josh B

I’ve still got my silver streak in .20 cal. The pump is worn out but there’s not enough $ in the world to buy it. Saved all my money when I was 8 to buy it.
Yeah mines a 20 caliber. I looked for rebuild kits online but didn't see anything.

Hillbilly stalker

If you get you a couple young, first year squirrels (fryers), put them in that insta pot then roll them in pancake batter and fry them. Good stuff ! That stew looks top shelf bud !(y)

I usually take two or three pellet gun squirrel hunts a season. Fun stuff for sure. I would like to have a PCP, but funds aren’t there yet.

Hunter/Mason

Yeah mines a 20 caliber. I looked for rebuild kits online but didn't see anything.
I bought a rebuild kit off eBay several years back. The instructions were terrible. I tried it anyway and it won’t hold but 2 pumps. I think you have to have a special tool if I remember right. Then I found a man in N or S Carolina that rebuilds them. He sounded pretty old when I talked to him. I never sent it to him though. If I can find his # I’ll send it to you

panfishvinnie

I have a Crossman .22 pump up air rifle that I got when I was around 11. That was close to 60 yrs ago. It has taken a lot of squirrels, and a number of rabbits. I would love to get it working again. It pumps, but won't hold air. Does anyone know where I could get this fixed?

Bowyer29

I have a Crossman .22 pump up air rifle that I got when I was around 11. That was close to 60 yrs ago. It has taken a lot of squirrels, and a number of rabbits. I would love to get it working again. It pumps, but won't hold air. Does anyone know where I could get this fixed?
Or send it back to Crossman.