Eggcellent kitchen gadget

longbowdave1

Snow, cold, and 40 mph wind gusts had me rethink my bowhunt today. I figured it was a better morning to make poached eggs in the Von Shef steamer. Wow, they turned out great. Two fresher than fresh eggs, a little cooking spray in the little plastic bowl, and in 10 minutes, eggcellent poached eggs! These babies need to go on a biscuit next time.... A great tasting breaskfast.20201101_060411.jpg20201101_060627.jpg20201101_060753.jpg

Oldstick

OK, I claim ignorance on this subject, but I love boiled eggs so I will bite. Is there a difference between cooking with steam vs boiling water? I always heard to quick chill the eggs in ice water after boiling to make them easier to peel. Sometimes it seems to work, sometimes not so much.

longbowdave1

Good for all eggs. But fresh eggs won't peel well when boiled. Steamed, they come off super easy in large pieces after being rinsed in cold water.

pop pop jones

It helps me peel them if I'll crack the shells a little after their boiled, then put them in the cold water. Seems like they turn loose better. That dang membrane over the egg is a pain.

Fletch_W

Banned
My wife has a similar contraption, makes perfect "boiled" eggs easy to peel. Only issue one exploded the other day, never happened before. Maybe got too hot inside. It was strange. It does them fast too. There's a setting for both soft and hard boiled. It's a great little contraption.

longbowdave1

E. 2c0t
[2c0E="Fletch_W, post: 12531308, member: 11451"]My wife has a similar contraption, makes perfect "boiled" eggs easy to peel. Only issue one exploded the other day, never happened before. Maybe got too hot inside. It was strange. It does them fast too. There's a setting for both soft and hard boiled. It's a great little contraption.[/QUOTE]
The one I have came with water measuring cup, the cup has a built in needle to pierce the shells so they don't crack when cooked.