350 Legend

Rich M

It's an interesting cartridge. I Like it!

It's a great option for tossing a 180 at 2,000 fps and dropping deer with less recoil and noise than a lot of other rounds.

I use a 357 mag rifle (souped up to 158 gr XTP at 1900 fps) cause they didn't have these out when i bought it - still might get one "for my wife". Anyway - the deer drop like that from 357 mag too. (I think it is the bullet - XTPs are serious energy dumpers).

Rainmaker

That's what I wanted to hear. Looks like it penetrated well. I am about to let my 7 year old shoot a deer with it.

I am tired of 200 to 400 yard tracking from .223 lung shots.

What range are the shots with the 223? and what bullet?

Rainmaker

I have used the 62 Fusion and the 50gr tsx with equally unimpressive results. They both expand well, retain weight at near 100%, but just don't do much damage and don't exit.

10-4. That’s unfortunate those aren’t performing well. I would look for another cartridge/rifle as well.

The reports say the 350 Legend has less recoil than a 243. I hope it works out for you and your son.

I’ve read a lot of accounts where folks were very successful at the ranges you reported with Barnes bullets.

I only have a small sample of one doe at 40 yards with a 55 gr TSX thru the shoulder and she dropped immediately.

Good luck!

delacroix

BANNED
That's what I wanted to hear. Looks like it penetrated well. I am about to let my 7 year old shoot a deer with it.

I am tired of 200 to 400 yard tracking from .223 lung shots.
You have something weird going on. Deer we shoot with 62gr Fusion always have exits and don't make it anywhere near that far. Great tracking though. 200 yards is a long job blood trailing.