Police launch investigation into shooting at North Carolina church

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

LittleDrummerBoy

Hey, @NCHillbilly. Now I get why you are so wary of Church. Y'all take it a little too seriously up there.
Reminds me of a bar I used to go to back in my younger days. They would frisk you for a gun before you went in, and if you didn't have one, they would loan you one.::ke:

Reminds me of something my brother said, "I love Jimmy Swaggart's church; they pass money around."

Madman

Don't try to leave before they pass the plate.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I can see it now.... 'Repent you sinner, or I am gonna knife you!'
No, this was just two yahoos got in a fight on the porch over some teenage floozy. In the little break between Sunday School and the sermon.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I saw a knife fight in a church parking lot once.

I was young when Dad come home from a Primitive Baptist gathering of the big wigs talking about a knife pulled in the parking lot.facepalm:

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
No, this was just two yahoos got in a fight on the porch over some teenage floozy. In the little break between Sunday School and the sermon.

My neighbor was on the adult church softball team and the coach wouldn't let him bat when it was his turn. Guess he wanted to put in a pinch hitter to get a score or something. They got in a fight on the field with 2 church teams watching along with their families and kids. SMH. Stuff like that undoes years, if not generations of efforts at building good will in a community and gives the entire notion of organized religion a black eye. People in the church, as a rule, are the church's biggest adversary. I know it sounds like a paradox, but it's not. One misguided Christian can turn a multitude away.