Good Gun

brofoster

I am looking to purchase another shotgun. Something I can shoot ducks and maybe a turkey with so the cammo is needed. I've racked my brain trying to find a cammo Benelli Montefeltro. Any good advice on who still has that gun or a comparable option??.

And yes.......I understand most of the guns and ammo are bought up with respect to the social climate!

Wire Nut

I have 2 beretta a300’s and love them. I recently got a Retay. That’s all I’ve been shooting since the season opened

tucker80

Beretta A300 for me.
The 3 B's and you can't go wrong.
Whichever one fits the best is the one.

& Camo isn't "needed" to kill ducks or turkeys. Maybe wanted, but not needed.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I have 2 beretta a300’s and love them. I recently got a Retay. That’s all I’ve been shooting since the season opened
I was looking at the retay the other day online. Looks real similar to benelli design. I've been on the benelli train for 20 yrs or so. Love all 4 of mine

Wire Nut

Retay was established the year Benelli’s patent ran out. Almost identical. The only difference I can see is the Retay’s trigger comes out with the push of a button and the bolt slides out when the barrel is removed

JROESEL

I am looking to purchase another shotgun. Something I can shoot ducks and maybe a turkey with so the cammo is needed. I've racked my brain trying to find a cammo Benelli Montefeltro. Any good advice on who still has that gun or a comparable option??.

And yes.......I understand most of the guns and ammo are bought up with respect to the social climate!

I was in your situation not to long ago, I held a montefeltro and several other names and models, ended up going with a beneli m2 in 20 gauge, I love it, if your looking for a 12, you have to look at the Vinci, I don’t know where you live, but if you can, go to barrows in butler, they’ll have everything for you to hold and you want beat there price!!

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
The montefeltro doesn't fit me well, same as the a5. Both have flat vent ribs, I have to put my cheek down on the stock farther than I like. The m2 and sbe2 point perfect for my style. Vinci points the same as those 2 with the raised vent rib.. It's all about what you like when you put it to your shoulder.

georgia_home

one aside here. Depending on what you decide on, stock is not completely GON for guns.

Yes, the lower end models have mostly all been sold, but there was a good bit of mid and upper tier stock available at some stores. Many models of the various B guns and so on. Two of my locals. BPS and Sportsman’s warehouse had stuff in stock. (New, and bps is known to be a bit over priced.)

The utilitarian stuff, for example, 870’s and mossy 88/500,etc.. totally out of stock. Ditto all the other low end products.

Bearit

Benelli, don’t waste money on anything else. I’ve had and tried all the “greatest” guns, the benelli is tried and true and you won’t go wrong. The super black eagle 3 is my go to gun for everything. The inertia drive is reliable as the sun coming up. The berettas feel like your holding a two by four, the brownings are nice and fit very well, but the gas operation is a hassle. The black eagle 3 has cycled every load I’ve put through it from light dove to heavy duck. The recoil is minimal with the comfort tech stocks and ease of break down is superb. There a little pricy but worth every penny. You won’t be dissatisfied with the black eagle 3.

Evergreen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
This seems to be an against the grain answer for most waterfowlers but for me personally my next shot gun will probably be a camo or cerakote cynergy. I've shot ducks, dove, turkeys, and quail with the same citori for the last 23 years, I dont need to upgrade but kinda want one.

alphachief

This seems to be an against the grain answer for most waterfowlers but for me personally my next shot gun will probably be a camo or cerakote cynergy. I've shot ducks, dove, turkeys, and quail with the same citori for the last 23 years, I dont need to upgrade but kinda want one.

I’ve had one for a few years. Great shotgun.

MudDucker

Staff member
Just bought the beretta a400 extreme, love it.

I am going on at least 3 seasons with mine and it is a good gun. Bit heavy, but very reliable.

Hunter/Mason

I’ve got the A300 and love it. Only problem I’ve had was the recoil washer busted w my son during the youth season. $5 for a new 1 and good to go. It’s been shot a lot. My oldest shot on the shotgun team with it 2 years ago. Now my 13yr old has taken it from me. I wouldn’t hesitate to but another 1.EE288B1B-2925-4B1D-A984-4BAF416BEE78.jpeg

Core Lokt

I'll be the odd ball. I shoot a Yildiz A71 in 20g. Dove, ducks and turkeys. Kills all of them dead if I do my part.