Any Competition Kayakers in here?

Ajohnson0587

I'm taking a break from competition shooting, i got bit by the Kayak fishing bug last summer. Last winter i stumbled on some Kayak bass tournaments while surfing YouTube. Anyone in here Fishing any of the Kayak Bass Fishing tournaments in 2021? Anyone in here Fish any other Kayak tournaments? I dipped my toe in to the competition world with the KBF state challenge series this past summer during COVID Lock down, this coming year I plan to fish a good most of the KBF Trail series. I was wondering if anyone in here participated in the them, maybe meet someone local that wouldn't mind showing the ropes to a new guy, maybe even be travel buddies.

Coenen

I do some locals with GAKFL.

Check out(in no particular order):
Reel Krazy Kayak Fishing
Peach State Kayak Anglers
Georgia Kayak Fishing League

The Dugout Bait and Tackle sponsors monthly onlines as well, IIRC.

Ajohnson0587

I do some locals with GAKFL.

Check out(in no particular order):
Reel Krazy Kayak Fishing
Peach State Kayak Anglers
Georgia Kayak Fishing League

The Dugout Bait and Tackle sponsors monthly onlines as well, IIRC.
Thanks for the info! I will check them out.

BassBound

I competed on the KBF trail last year and had a respectable season (finished 13th nationally). Due to recent changes of removing regions, I’ve chose to switch over to a regional boat trail; however, I will be doing the KBF Kentucky Lake trail event and the National Championship in 2021.

Definitely take a look at the Hobie BOS and BASS kayak series as well- between the 3 series you should be able to pick up more tournaments in the SE region vs driving 10+hrs (or more to Clear Lake) for some KBF events. Murray Lake, Wheeler/Wilson/Pickwick and Kentucky Lake are the closest KBF events this year.

Start off by lining up your schedule, then focus on research and getting on the each body of water as much as possible. I normally would travel each weekend to pre-fish the next tournament waters and take 2-3 days off work prior to tournament to dial in loc and pattern. To be consistently competitive on the elite series you need to either put a lot of time in (travel and study) or be very lucky. Don’t let the competition intimidate you or change the way you want to fish- if you put the time in, be confident in what you’re doing.

Always make sure you got extra identifiers, sharpie marker, bump board and cell charger on kayak during tournaments. Id also highly recommend you have an extra 360 light in your truck- especially if you use a yak-attack one.

Drop me a PM if you want to connect and discuss in more detail. Btw, I believe you and I might have met at Mary Alice Park at Lanier last year.

Coenen

Drop me a PM if you want to connect and discuss in more detail. Btw, I believe you and I might have met at Mary Alice Park at Lanier last year.
You might've met me out there, that area is "Home" for me.

Ajohnson0587

I competed on the KBF trail last year and had a respectable season (finished 13th nationally). Due to recent changes of removing regions, I’ve chose to switch over to a regional boat trail; however, I will be doing the KBF Kentucky Lake trail event and the National Championship in 2021.

Definitely take a look at the Hobie BOS and BASS kayak series as well- between the 3 series you should be able to pick up more tournaments in the SE region vs driving 10+hrs (or more to Clear Lake) for some KBF events. Murray Lake, Wheeler/Wilson/Pickwick and Kentucky Lake are the closest KBF events this year.

Start off by lining up your schedule, then focus on research and getting on the each body of water as much as possible. I normally would travel each weekend to pre-fish the next tournament waters and take 2-3 days off work prior to tournament to dial in loc and pattern. To be consistently competitive on the elite series you need to either put a lot of time in (travel and study) or be very lucky. Don’t let the competition intimidate you or change the way you want to fish- if you put the time in, be confident in what you’re doing.

Always make sure you got extra identifiers, sharpie marker, bump board and cell charger on kayak during tournaments. Id also highly recommend you have an extra 360 light in your truck- especially if you use a yak-attack one.

You are correct sir, we did meet last year. You were prefishing for the Lake Lanier event, I actually registered shortly after, but Covid had other plans. I ended up pulling out later in the year when they rescheduled due to a schedule conflict with a shooting competition. I’m planning to hit the majority of the SE regional events and the VA event. I’ve already started researching waters and hopefully I can make it to a few lakes before the event. I’m hoping to have my trolling motor setup done by the middle of next month, but I’ve been on the lake almost every weekend trying to work on my winter fishing skills, bites have been far and few though lol.

dank1296

Check Out Drew Gregory's podcast. He use to live in Cumming area. He just won Hobies Angler of the Year fishing out of a Carrollton Ga. Crescent Kayaks Lite Tackle And Ultra Light kayaks(Under 900.00) against all the big boys $4000+ Hobies. Hes also designing a new fishing kayak at Crescent.