Fields showing he was far superior to Fromm

bullgator

Honestly think Fields is the product of the system he plays in. Would Fields have been great in UGA’s system then like he is in Ohio State’s system now?
I believe Fields, like Mac Jones, is a product of the talent surrounding him. Lots of QBs would look good at those two schools.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
How in the world did Kirby miss recruiting Bo Nix....?
He was busy recruiting a half dozen others that were supposed to win a heisman that pooped the bed

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Wasn't trying to hate on you I just never heard if it was in fact the reason he used for the transfer.

Well I hope that what they say about the memory being the "first thing to go" is true because if not you're in sad shape. And if it is the first to go, hang on because the ride is about to get awful bumpy, awful soon.

There were at least a half dozen threads on that subject alone on here an it was brought up in at least 2 dozen more back at the time.

You are however correct that he and his lawyer downplayed using the "racial" aspect when they appealed for a waiver after the transfer. But then again would you really expect them to come out and say "Yeah, we ONLY got it because we told the NCAA if they DIDN'T grant the waiver we'd blast it all over the place what a bunch of racists they are"?

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
Well I hope that what they say about the memory being the "first thing to go" is true because if not you're in sad shape. And if it is the first to go, hang on because the ride is about to get awful bumpy, awful soon.

There were at least a half dozen threads on that subject alone on here an it was brought up in at least 2 dozen more back at the time.

You are however correct that he and his lawyer downplayed using the "racial" aspect when they appealed for a waiver after the transfer. But then again would you really expect them to come out and say "Yeah, we ONLY got it because we told the NCAA if they DIDN'T grant the waiver we'd blast it all over the place what a bunch of racists they are"?
Equality

Madsnooker

I remember all those threads. My memory is fine. I still haven't seen any evidence other then opinions on if that was infact why the ncaa gave him the transfer. I was just wondering if there was infact something concrete that proved that?

I’m a dawg fan, but I’m tired of the stupid mistakes to keep par athletes. I’m tired of “Rebounding “ years. We will NEVER win a national championship under Kirby Smart. I like him as a defense coordination but he’s not head coach material. The mentality of Bear Bryant and Nick Saban wins championships

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier

Gold Ranger

Fields would have started as a sophomore. As a freshman, if the first read was covered he just took off running. He did not know how to make progressions as a true freshman, he had really just became a quarterback as a junior in HS. He and his dad expected him to just be handed the starting job, and he was not ready.

That's funny, because he and his Dad said they didn't mind redshirting his first year. Heck, they dang near preferred it. Kirby screwed the pooch on that one.

ddavis1120

That THUD you heard was Fields coming back down to reality. SEC defenses can do that to players.

I don't know if it was injuries or what but he didn't look very sharp for much of the game. He made some nice throws and runs at times but they were few and far between. He did protect the ball or it could have gotten real ugly.