Covid vaccine signup

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I am eligible for the current rollout of vaccine. I tried today to get logged on to schedule a vaccination appointment at a site near me. I couldn’t get the scheduling screen to work right.

When I finally got through to the GNR (Gwinnett-Newton-Rockdale) site it shows all appointments filled.
Anyone else try today?

Darien1

I tried. Our area has one phone # for 13 counties the the north central health district . I counted over 300 attempts to get through today with no luck. Constant busy signal.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I tried. Our area has one phone # for 13 counties the the north central health district . I counted over 300 attempts to get through today with no luck. Constant busy signal.

The group I mentioned has an online site so you can click and choose your appointment day/time. By the time I got it to work all appointments they had vaccine for were taken.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
My area is also booked for all of Jan/Feb

It’s my understanding that a surplus of sorts of vaccine was created by health care workers that chose not to take the vaccine. From what we saw today apparently is boomers ain’t afraid of it.

AceOfTheBase

My PCP compared avoiding the vaccine to competing for the darwin award.
This boomer ain’t afraid of it & am on a waiting list at small local pharmacy.

Seanote

Both of my daughters have been able to take it. Neither had any problems and both have a history of allergies. I am a few months too young to take it during this round, but I will take it ASAP.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Both of my daughters have been able to take it. Neither had any problems and both have a history of allergies. I am a few months too young to take it during this round, but I will take it ASAP.

Where did they get their shots?

XD40CHRIS

I am eligible for the current rollout of vaccine. I tried today to get logged on to schedule a vaccination appointment at a site near me. I couldn’t get the scheduling screen to work right.

When I finally got through to the GNR (Gwinnett-Newton-Rockdale) site it shows all appointments filled.
Anyone else try today?
I went on that website yesterday and it had available time slots . I selected a time and it took a while but it asked for my info, hit next to finalize but the little ball kept spinning like it was processing but never confirmed. So I don't know for sure if I am scheduled or not, I guess I will show up and see.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I went on that website yesterday and it had available time slots . I selected a time and it took a while but it asked for my info, hit next to finalize but the little ball kept spinning like it was processing but never confirmed. So I don't know for sure if I am scheduled or not, I guess I will show up and see.

This is what I get when I click on the “get first shot” tab
85818B70-441C-43CC-872A-7830EF4C709B.png

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I called all day yesterday, and finally today after 116 redials I got through. I will take mine on the 19 in Sparta.

The ones in my area don’t want you to call. It’s online registration only from what I can tell.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word

Anyone else try today?

Got the same message today.