For those that don't use a vest...

Stump06

What do ya'll use? I have an older old tom vest that I like but I'm thinking about ditching it and jut using a small pack. Anyone else done this? Thoughts?

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Yep, too many pockets encourages carrying too much stuff and you end up sounding like the tin man walking through the woods. I either use a fanny pack or a mil-surp canvas medic bag that I carry cross body like a shooting bag.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
When hunting of anything, I have a small possibles bag that carries the few essentials I need. A small scratch box and mouth call stay in it year round. When turkey season comes in all I add are some shells, box call, and a wingbone or rivercane trumpet.

JHannah92

I use a satchel pack from Tom Teasers and a Low Down seat from Fanatic Outdoors. I'll never go back to carrying around a hot, heavy vest.

Gut_Pile

Just ordered a knight & hale run n gun 100. Hopefully it will do all I want it to do.

cracker4112

I wear a mossy oak diffusion leafy pullover. Its mesh back so helps with our heat and its got a large kangaroo pouch that holds more than I carry...

stonecreek

Wore a chest harness/ bag last year from Reese Outdoors. All your calls within easy reach. The older I get the less I carry. Ben Lee box call, Lifford slate call and handmade wingbone.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
I use a West German military bread bag. Search ebay for Polish Bread Bag; German bread bag; there's a large selection of haversacks for shoulder carry. I use it for turkeys and have another stuffed with first aid items. Gil

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
I like a simple camo backpak. I have it always. It's got a water, snacks, toilet paper, knife, paracord, bandaids, neosporin, moonshine and the new testament.
Oh and a loc of my old horses mane.

stonecreek

I use a West German military bread bag. Search ebay for Polish Bread Bag; German bread bag; there's a large selection of haversacks for shoulder carry. I use it for turkeys and have another stuffed with first aid items. Gil
I just researched the bread bag. Then ordered one. Thanks

Turkeytider

A belt with a Fanny pack and two HS Strut pouches . I carry a chair because I usually spend most of my time in one place.

Hillbilly stalker

Been using a polish bread bag for several years now, works great. Scratch box, slate call, striking paper, poncho and a pack of pop tarts or tater. Tried this East german gas mask bag last year...it’s a little smaller and I like it. You can find these things for next to nothing. I bought 3 bread bags for $12 a couple years ago. Their handy squirrel hunting or deer and hog hunting too.3A7FDD56-66FF-4E56-8B91-EAA54D495FA1.jpeg

buckpasser

After they get through changing the season dates, I’ll have to go to a jersey type material fabric and a camel pack with ice water in it.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I hunt with my friend. He has a vest full of toys! He calls pretty good to. one these days I’m going to let him shoot. ?
I wear the cano jump pants with the pockets. Mostly just carry one to 3 calls. I think a seat to sit in is very important with a back. Turkey lounger. that’s wear the pavement meets the dirt road. Got to be able to sit for awhile at times.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
I hunt with my friend. He has a vest full of toys! He calls pretty good to. one these days I’m going to let him shoot. ?
I wear the cano jump pants with the pockets. Mostly just carry one to 3 calls. I think a seat to sit in is very important with a back. Turkey lounger. that’s wear the pavement meets the dirt road. Got to be able to sit for awhile at times.
My 26 yr old cotton vest with spandex front pockets and zippered inside ones is about wore out. Stretched out and zippers busted. Worked pretty good fumbling around trying to feel for things in the dark. Didn't lose too many strikers over the years. I'm sure a lot of shells bounced out when I was cutting out after one. I may hunt with a paper grocery sack this year.

tad1

Following this thread, always looking for a better way to skin a cat!
I do like to carry a fair bit, my old cheap vest has a partially inflated wheelbarrow inner tube sewn in where the old thin pad was , so it sits pretty good. Not sure I’m ready to give that up yet...