Somebody stole my trap

Doug B.

I had caught a coyote in it yesterday and did a remake. I get there this morning and my trap was gone. Something had been in the trap and I could see where someone had stood and dug up my cable stake. I'm guessing somebody was walking through with their dog, the dog got in the trap, they dug it up. I hope maybe they will call the game warden hoping to get me in trouble. Then maybe I will get my MB 550 back and they can get a ticket. I'm not very happy about it. I'm doing some investigating myself cause I know people around there and if I can get some leads I will call the game warden.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Was this on your land?

furtaker

If they couldn't figure out how to open the trap and instead went to the trouble of digging up a cable stake, they're probably still wandering around out there trying to find out how to get home.

Good luck.

buckpasser

If they couldn't figure out how to open the trap and instead went to the trouble of digging up a cable stake, they're probably still wandering around out there trying to find out how to get home.

Good luck.

That tickled me. That or carrying their dog all the way home and to the vet stake and all!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
That`s about as lowdown as you can get, stealing a man`s traps.

I hope you find out all you need to know.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
I'm sure if they couldnt figure out to release their dog without digging up the stake they wouldn't know how to care for the dogs injury. I'm guessing you will find your answer from fakebook or gw going to the local vet. Good luck getting your trap back!

Better have that hand written note ready to hand over. Trapper got a warning on our lease even though it clearly states we can trap on our lease. He had contract in the truck, warden told he had to have it in posession/on his person. He said the same thing applies to hunting deer, odd if you ask me.

Doug B.

Better have that hand written note ready to hand over. Trapper got a warning on our lease even though it clearly states we can trap on our lease. He had contract in the truck, warden told he had to have it in posession/on his person. He said the same thing applies to hunting deer, odd if you ask me.
I keep it with me any time I am on the property. I don't trap any private land without written permission written to me by the landowner!