Did You Buy A Gun Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Sounds like you maybe got a deal, at least what would be considered one in this climate.

Soon as I walked in the store they were unboxing new guns. Soon as he opened the 590 I bought. Think he priced at the base model, this one has screw in chokes, heat deflector, and peep sights. Been offered $200 more than I paid, never had the opportunity to profit on a brand new gun, not worth it to me

rosewood

Soon as I walked in the store they were unboxing new guns. Soon as he opened the 590 I bought. Think he priced at the base model, this one has screw in chokes, heat deflector, and peep sights. Been offered $200 more than I paid, never had the opportunity to profit on a brand new gun, not worth it to me
I would keep it. Can't replace it for what you paid, probably not for $200 more in todays market. Unless I was hard up for cash, I don't sell guns or ammo, or anything related unless it is something I just don't want anymore.

Nimrod71

Going to look at a Kimber K6 revolver today. I have been thinking of one for a few weeks. I have read about their smooth double action and if it as easy as they say I think I will bring one home. Its good to see another good quality revolver on the market. Since S & W doesn't seem to have the quality and feel of their old ones and I am not sold on the New Colts.

Dub

Going to look at a Kimber K6 revolver today. I have been thinking of one for a few weeks. I have read about their smooth double action and if it as easy as they say I think I will bring one home. Its good to see another good quality revolver on the market. Since S & W doesn't seem to have the quality and feel of their old ones and I am not sold on the New Colts.

That Kimber revolver is very, very smooth.

I try not to handle them too often in the stores.....just makes me mad that my other revolvers over the years didn't start out that smooth.

For what it's worth...they look sharp, too.

Looks like Kimber did their homework really well before getting into the wheelgun game.

Hopefully I'll soon have a good S&W customer service story to tell.....the ball is in my court now....they've sent the shipping label and info to get the gun back to them. They were fast on their end once I filled out the

Doesn't change the fact that it should have never left the factory that way.....and my numbskull self didn't notice the problem when inspecting the gun at my FFL. :banginghe

Hoping I can get free to get it dropped off at the shipping spot later today.

It's been a lesson learned to be more careful on that initial inspection...because they sure as heck aren't consistently doing so over at the ole S&W "Performance Center".

frankwright

I bought my wife a Ruger LCP II in .22lr and of course I had to take it to the range and be sure it was safe.
I fired four different types of ammo, two being HP's like CCI Mini Mags and two solid point.
100% reliable with everything. Me and a friend probably shot sixty rounds all together!

rosewood

Reactions: Dub

chuckdog

That Kimber revolver is very, very smooth.

I try not to handle them too often in the stores.....just makes me mad that my other revolvers over the years didn't start out that smooth.

For what it's worth...they look sharp, too.

Looks like Kimber did their homework really well before getting into the wheelgun game.

Hopefully I'll soon have a good S&W customer service story to tell.....the ball is in my court now....they've sent the shipping label and info to get the gun back to them. They were fast on their end once I filled out the

Doesn't change the fact that it should have never left the factory that way.....and my numbskull self didn't notice the problem when inspecting the gun at my FFL. :banginghe

Hoping I can get free to get it dropped off at the shipping spot later today.

It's been a lesson learned to be more careful on that initial inspection...because they sure as heck aren't consistently doing so over at the ole S&W "Performance Center".

I have nothing but good things to say about S&W service. You can't buy as many new guns as I have in my life and not gotten to know about support.

Kimber service on the other hand, well let's just say I'll not bother them again.

Jester896

Senior Clown
just saw where 4.3M NICS checks were performed in Jan 2021 with 60% being first time buyers....someone is buying

Dub

So, you saying all there aren't any pretty women coming out of Austria? Just Germany, Czech republic, Italy and Turkey?

:rofl:

Never in a million year would I make such statement.

Womenz make the world go round. Beautiful womenz make it spin faster.

Just say the meme and figured I'd post it up....here since the normal spot is currently closed for for bidness on any posts due to some type of shenanigans.

For the record....I'm a GLOCK fan and can understand why so many people are fan-atics over them. I get it.

Without GLOCK....think of all the guns that would have never been developed.

There wouldn't be an M&P series......or even the model that almost anyone, almost...can operate, the M&P EZ.

Heap of respect for GLOCK.

I have nothing but good things to say about S&W service. You can't buy as many new guns as I have in my life and not gotten to know about support.

Kimber service on the other hand, well let's just say I'll not bother them again.

Looking forward to getting some of that solid S&W service. Getting the gun shipped back to them tomorrow.... I hope. No such chance today.

Jester896

Senior Clown
@Dub that doesn't include folks with permits...wonder what the real amount is...even with ammo in short supply at reasonable prices they are still buying.

There wouldn't be an M&P series......or even the model that almost anyone, almost...can operate, the M&P EZ.

I actually went to the LGS and got one out of the case to see if it ran like I was sure it did.

Dub

True....the gun owner numbers are vast and continuing to grow.

No easy way to compile the actual totals for each month.

Hopefully things will continue safely.

As soon as rates of unintentional discharges and other morbidly stupid acts begin to rise......the idiots now in charge of our country will have more case study to support whatever corrupt argument they care to make.

I will commend Ruger on their attempts to better educate new gun owners.

Safe handling.
Understanding the function.
Demonstrating the competencies needed for proper use.

GeorgiaGlockMan

Bought the rest of the parts to finish a carbine boomer thats been waiting to be built for a couple of years.

I won't be posting pics of it tho, but can't wait to put it through the paces.

Also sighted in a flir I've had for a while on a different super boomer. Dang that's fun. Can't wait till the weekend to terrorize some song dogs. Gonna do it come hades or high water.

biggdogg

Added a Savage Axis II in .350 Legend and a Savage 10 in .22-250 to the safe in the last two months. Even managed to find some ammo to feed both of them. Only ammo I can't find that I truly need is some Hornady American Whitetail 2-3/4" 12 gauge slugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.