Mountain pigs

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Congrats on the pork ! Those 2 fat guilts will make some fine eating ! That old boar may not be to bad either ! He sure made a great picture

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I have noticed that around the end of this month. All of the sudden theres pigs everywhere. Woods have been empty for a few weeks and they start moving more I guess.

I have noticed that around the end of this month. All of the sudden theres pigs everywhere. Woods have been empty for a few weeks and they start moving more I guess.
I agree
Me and my son have been hunting 4 times this month at different places and been on pigs every time
I wish more people would hunt them
We have not seen any one else hunting

jbogg

Congrats on a fine hunt! I’ve done some post season scouting up there since Big Game season closed, but haven’t gone hog hunting yet this year. Might have to give it a go before small game closes.

tracker12

Congratulations on some nice pigs. We travel a couple times a year and hunt Ft Stewart. It’s always a good trip and we always get our share. But I would love to hunt Mnt country for hogs. How is the success in the mountains vice the swamp areas on the coast. Section of Georgia that is better than others. Any advice would be appreciated

Congratulations on some nice pigs. We travel a couple times a year and hunt Ft Stewart. It’s always a good trip and we always get our share. But I would love to hunt Mnt country for hogs. How is the success in the mountains vice the swamp areas on the coast. Section of Georgia that is better than others. Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks
I've only hunted them up here so I don't really have any idea about hunting the swamps
But I've never had a problem finding pigs here
This is really the only time of the year that I target hogs . If I see them when I'm deer or turkey hunting I will shoot
In the last 5 to 10 years the population has gone crazy
Bears too!!!

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
If more would hunt hogs, they would never need to buy pork. It's not easy to give them away. Most people don't want to butcher them.