Mission fail at hunt club... Again!

Bob2010

Well. Figured I would air things out here with some strangers. I have been through more hunting clubs than I want to admit. Some lasted years! Few lasted only one year. The Lord removed me from this last one on opening day. I failed pretty miserably. My job was to reflect Christ at the club. Facebook and a member that wanted me out got the best of me. I told the president to give my refunded dues and 3 stands to the man that got me kicked out. I didn't break a single rule but I failed at reflecting Christ. Pretty embarrassing and shameful thing. Somehow I knew the Lord would bless me later. I had put that land and deer hunting ahead of my relationship with Christ. So the Lord removed me from that club. I can honestly say that every time the Lord has removed a hunting property from my life. He always later gives me a better place to hunt. I am buying my own land now. The Lord is so good to me. I also spent more time with my family this last deer season. Not beingvgone every weekend was good. Before I was asked to leave the club I did a post on Facebook everyday about a bible study. I would read daily until something stuck with me. Then post it on FB. I did that daily for atleast 5 years straight. After this experience I left FB behind. I lack the maturity to handle FB. I am enjoying having my time back. But my bible time daily has struggled ever since. I felt accountable before to trade my bible. It really did feel like reading was my daily bread. I needed it! I must of been reading and posting for the wrong reasons or I wouldn't of stopped. COVID has waged wars in so many ways in my own life. Long distance relationships with families from mission trips have fizzled away slowly. Haven't seen my Father in a year. Church and worship is so different. Ministries can not have big gatherings. Mission trips are canceled. I am blessed and very thankful. I still serve at my church and do volunteer work. It just feels like a slow fade in the wrong direction. I don't want to find myself fumbling through life without a relationship with Christ. I don't want to live for the wrong things. Repentance is such a challenging thing sometimes. Even after years of loving the Lord my pride is still my biggest downfall. Yet He loves me anyways. Thank you Lord for your grace. I do not want to get what I deserve. Your grace is sufficient for me.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Your relationship with the Lord is a very personal thing. Do what you need to do to nurture that, regardless of what anyone else thinks. Being off FB is a good thing. Use that time productively to be a better person. I gave it up about 7 years ago, and don't miss it a lick. Now, when I want to know what's going on in family's and friend's lives, I call them. Sounds like you are on a good path.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Well. Figured I would air things out here with some strangers. I have been through more hunting clubs than I want to admit. Some lasted years! Few lasted only one year. The Lord removed me from this last one on opening day. I failed pretty miserably. My job was to reflect Christ at the club. Facebook and a member that wanted me out got the best of me. I told the president to give my refunded dues and 3 stands to the man that got me kicked out. I didn't break a single rule but I failed at reflecting Christ. Pretty embarrassing and shameful thing. Somehow I knew the Lord would bless me later. I had put that land and deer hunting ahead of my relationship with Christ. So the Lord removed me from that club. I can honestly say that every time the Lord has removed a hunting property from my life. He always later gives me a better place to hunt. I am buying my own land now. The Lord is so good to me. I also spent more time with my family this last deer season. Not beingvgone every weekend was good. Before I was asked to leave the club I did a post on Facebook everyday about a bible study. I would read daily until something stuck with me. Then post it on FB. I did that daily for atleast 5 years straight. After this experience I left FB behind. I lack the maturity to handle FB. I am enjoying having my time back. But my bible time daily has struggled ever since. I felt accountable before to trade my bible. It really did feel like reading was my daily bread. I needed it! I must of been reading and posting for the wrong reasons or I wouldn't of stopped. COVID has waged wars in so many ways in my own life. Long distance relationships with families from mission trips have fizzled away slowly. Haven't seen my Father in a year. Church and worship is so different. Ministries can not have big gatherings. Mission trips are canceled. I am blessed and very thankful. I still serve at my church and do volunteer work. It just feels like a slow fade in the wrong direction. I don't want to find myself fumbling through life without a relationship with Christ. I don't want to live for the wrong things. Repentance is such a challenging thing sometimes. Even after years of loving the Lord my pride is still my biggest downfall. Yet He loves me anyways. Thank you Lord for your grace. I do not want to get what I deserve. Your grace is sufficient for me.
@LittleDrummerBoy could probably speak on this.

Bob2010

Your relationship with the Lord is a very personal thing. Do what you need to do to nurture that, regardless of what anyone else thinks. Being off FB is a good thing. Use that time productively to be a better person. I gave it up about 7 years ago, and don't miss it a lick. Now, when I want to know what's going on in family's and friend's lives, I call them. Sounds like you are on a good path.
Thank you sir. I am enjoying getting my time back. Just need to dedicate my time now to my relationship with Him. I have to retrain myself.

j_seph

Thank you sir. I am enjoying getting my time back. Just need to dedicate my time now to my relationship with Him. I have to retrain myself.
Sometimes a spanking from the father might hurt, but in the end it feels pretty good. The father is not going to spank the kid that does not belong to him.

Bob2010

Sometimes a spanking from the father might hurt, but in the end it feels pretty good. The father is not going to spank the kid that does not belong to him.
Amen to that! Lol! Knowing this during the spanking is a hard thing. Definitely was a necessary process to get my attention.

LittleDrummerBoy

Thanks for sharing. Get back on the horse and work toward the Great Commission. Regardless of what everyone else is doing or our own past failures, we have a job and a calling.

Core Lokt

When times get tough, lean on Him. When they get tougher, lean harder. Lean on Him the hardest when times a good.

Sounds like you are one of His children but I believe the devil is turning a screw in you and planting these thoughts and testing you.

I know where you are coming from brother. Head up and get back to it. It doesn't have to be huge things that you do in His name, just do things in His name.

Bob2010

Thanks for sharing. Get back on the horse and work toward the Great Commission. Regardless of what everyone else is doing or our own past failures, we have a job and a calling.
Yup. Closing on my own land Tuesday. He always seems to give us something better every time. Patience. What a blessing!

Bob2010

When times get tough, lean on Him. When they get tougher, lean harder. Lean on Him the hardest when times a good.

Sounds like you are one of His children but I believe the devil is turning a screw in you and planting these thoughts and testing you.

I know where you are coming from brother. Head up and get back to it. It doesn't have to be huge things that you do in His name, just do things in His name.
Thank you. You know if this is what counts as hard times and tragic then praise God. I am beyond blessed and He is so good to me. I will thank him for teaching me and move on. His plan always is better than mine.

Wifeshusband

Thanks for sharing your story, sir. Social media is the proverbial double edge sword. I don't use FB, Instagram, or Twitter, the latter, I believe, ill served President Trump. There are many ways to share Christ without social media. Our church in the 1st century got along fine without it, and so will you.