What Are your Carrying and How?

Dub

@pacecars does that gun feel a bit big to carry? I just ask because I like the idea of the gun, its very attractive, but it seems big in pictures to carry concealed

Not trying to answer for Pacecars.....just posting these comparisons....lots of videos of the same on youtube.

Owner has his rear sights drifted way over on both weapons....not sure what's up with that. :rofl:

ChidJ

Well, I've had a Glock 19 and did not like carrying it IWB. Way too uncomfortable for me. Even in a low profile OWB holster it wasn't great. Just curious if something magical about the form factor of the X9 makes it more comfortable to carry.

Edit: Also, hard to trust Youtube people sometimes as a lot of them, especially the more popular ones, get paid to say nice things about expensive guns. Not that what you posted isn't relevant, just trying to justify my question. Thanks for the response

transfixer

My casual carry is a Ruger lcp in a pocket holster, when I'm close around the house or at work, I know that is under gunned, but I am constantly aware of my surroundings, and always scanning those around me , noting the ones that might be " sketchy" , and I'm able to hit whatever I aim at within 20ft or so with it. if I'm forced to go into the city or somewhere a little sketchy, I carry my CZ p10s in an Andrews McDaniel II at 4 o'clock, there was a time years ago when I worked in and around Atlanta and I carried something full size daily, but now I'm more or less semi-retired and don't venture far from home during the week, but even around town I always have another firearm in my truck,

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Well, I've had a Glock 19 and did not like carrying it IWB. Way too uncomfortable for me. Even in a low profile OWB holster it wasn't great. Just curious if something magical about the form factor of the X9 makes it more comfortable to carry.

Edit: Also, hard to trust Youtube people sometimes as a lot of them, especially the more popular ones, get paid to say nice things about expensive guns. Not that what you posted isn't relevant, just trying to justify my question. Thanks for the response

This pic was posted by the same guy in the thread the other pics came from. It's a pic of his EDC X9 in his G19 holster.

Some of the other guys in that thread said they had good success in using their existing commander-sized holsters for their EDC X9.

These type comparisons were very helpful for me. I've had good luck with the G19 IWB & OWB so I was a bit more confident with how the EXC X9 would carry.

Last edited:

pacecars

It is not that big of a gun but not so small that it is hard to handle. I have large hands and it works great for me. I have carried a lot of different guns with most being full size 10mm 1911s. I have carried Glock 20s and Glock 32s and the Glock 29. I have carried a few revolvers from a Clements Custom 3 inch Ruger 10mm GP-100 to a 4 inch S&W Model 25 .45 Colt. I was never a big 9mm fan but loved the looks of this gun when it first came out. I finally bit the bullet and ordered one without ever laying hands on one. It fits me better than any double stack mag gun I have ever tried. It is not much wider than a single stack 1911. It is accurate and comfortable to shoot. It carries quite comfortably IWB. I carry it everyday with a good gun belt and don’t notice the weight.

Hillbilly stalker

Not trying to answer for Pacecars.....just posting these comparisons....lots of videos of the same on youtube.

Owner has his rear sights drifted way over on both weapons....not sure what's up with that. :rofl:

Maybe left handed but right eye dominate ?

Hillbilly stalker

Let me tell you what I had to work thru. I'm left handed, the only thing I do left handed is eat, write and shoot a pistol. I shoot a slingshot, bow, rifle and shotgun right handed. When I was in Military Police school in 1986, the Army issued only RIGHT handed holsters. They were the old Calvary leather flap holsters like you see in the old westerns. We carried the 1911 A1 I believe. So I had to learn to draw right handed, rack a round, switch to my left hand and shoot. Because of all the drills we went thru, it soon become almost as easy to just shoot right handed, which meant I had to change my Weaver stance and interview position. I adapted, but when we backed up to the 50 yard line, I would still switch back to left handed so I could " bare down" like Sgt. York :bounce:. I left the service and joined the PD and just carried right handed for 25 years. I carried a Berretta 92 fs and could qualify expert with either hand. I did still carry a small semi auto in my weak side pocket in case my right arm went down or was pinned.

frankwright

I have changed up a little. I put the XL grip module on my standard Sig365 and I am liking it even more.
Still a small,thin package with 12+1 Federal HST.
Fits my hand better and still conceals well!

BvOLATMl.jpg

Dub

Let me tell you what I had to work thru. I'm left handed, the only thing I do left handed is eat, write and shoot a pistol. I shoot a slingshot, bow, rifle and shotgun right handed. When I was in Military Police school in 1986, the Army issued only RIGHT handed holsters. They were the old Calvary leather flap holsters like you see in the old westerns. We carried the 1911 A1 I believe. So I had to learn to draw right handed, rack a round, switch to my left hand and shoot. Because of all the drills we went thru, it soon become almost as easy to just shoot right handed, which meant I had to change my Weaver stance and interview position. I adapted, but when we backed up to the 50 yard line, I would still switch back to left handed so I could " bare down" like Sgt. York :bounce:. I left the service and joined the PD and just carried right handed for 25 years. I carried a Berretta 92 fs and could qualify expert with either hand. I did still carry a small semi auto in my weak side pocket in case my right arm went down or was pinned.

You must have been the recipient of Clint/Gunny Highway Heartbreak Ridge-type training. (y)

That is certainly what I consider to be ambidextrous.....forced on you until you made it natural. Mighty impressive.

I have changed up a little. I put the XL grip module on my standard Sig365 and I am liking it even more.
Still a small,thin package with 12+1 Federal HST.
Fits my hand better and still conceals well!

I really like those P365 guns.

They seem to be really highly regarded by owners and have impressed a lot of folks with their accuracy and ability to shoot fast, smooth and on target.

That's a nice enhancement you've done there. I'll bet it does help an already good feeling grip.

I've had my eyes on these for a while now.

Last edited:

Dub

Well.....my last order from Tucker Gunleather arrived today....4 months and 2 days after placing the order.

CoverUp Plus for commander length 1911.

Sounds like a long wait, I know. It wasn't a surprise, though. They were very clear that it would be this long. I wasn't in a hurry.

Rewarded with a very, very comfortable holster that has a pile of adjustability.

Smooth lined with sweat guard.

bullgator

That’s very informative. I’d like to see the P365xl with 15 round magazine and the PPQ which is also 15 rounds in the comparison.

Ray357

AWOL
I know there have been several threads where guys have mentioned what they carry but I wasn't able to find a dedicated thread. So having said that, I was wondering what CCWs are you carrying, what type of holster, and at what position. I have my methods but I'm always on the look out for a more comfortable and efficient way to carry.

Currently I carry one of 2 pistols. During the warmer months I am carrying my Ruger LC9 in a Desantis Sof-tuk IWB at the 4 o'clock position. Its super comfortable and easily concealed. During cooler months or when clothing permits, I carry my full size XDm40 in a Crossbreed Supertuck also at the 4 o'clock position. The Crossbreed makes carrying a full frame pistol very comfortable and fairly concealable but I do have to be more conscious of it printing or the grip peeking out from under my shirt.

Hopefully this thread will help other choose a new equipment or a better method.
I kind of like my FN Five Seven.

Dub

That’s very informative. I’d like to see the P365xl with 15 round magazine and the PPQ which is also 15 rounds in the comparison.

I ain't gonna look....

I ain't gonna look.......

Last time I looked up that comparison for that EDC X9 link you have there......I wound up ordering one from WC a week later. @pacecars stoked a powerful fire (and I remain very, very pleased with the pistola....it fits my needs & wants perfectly).

Ain't looking up no more guns.....at least for a long stretch. :rofl:

A cravin' might be flung on me that I can't hold off.

bullgator

I ain't gonna look....

Last time I looked up that comparison for that EDC X9 link you have there......I wound up ordering one from WC a week later. @pacecars stoked a powerful fire (and I remain very, very pleased with the pistola....it fits my needs & wants perfectly).

:stir::stir::stir:..............:rofl:

Davans

M&P compact or Shield. Tusler or N82 holsters. 3-4 o’clock

pacecars

I ain't gonna look....

You are a bad influence also