Ammo Availability - UPDATES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich M

So, all of the ammo companies are on board with the conspiracy? Who is driving this conspiracy? Biden?

You get a credible guy saying that they got more ammo than they have had before while our supplies are way down.

Why would a CEO of an ammo company release a video about how hard they are trying to catch up on supply if they are sending more ammo to Canada than they did before and not to the US. I had heard about other countries getting plenty of supply as well.

Just smells fishy. One of those things that definitely doesn't make sense. You can take it from there.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
According to my contacts:
In general they haven't seen shortages in Australia or Germany. They have lots of ammo from non US manufactures though. No one mentioned a Zedek type scenario. But I only talked too one guy in each. Plus every country has different rules so that could effect things also.

I know every store clerk in the US will tell you the same thing. Every time we get some ammo in it all gets bought the same day.

bullgator

Most foreign markets don’t have the civilian gun ownership, and therefore ammo consumption, that the U.S. has. It doesn’t take much for them to have plenty.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Went by the local Walmart and noticed over the last several days that the stockers have just been setting any ammo that comes in on the gun counter and having a free for all.

Heck, the Walmarts in this area haven't been selling any handguns of any type nor any ammo for rifles or handguns of any type for the past several months as I made sure to check again today in the closest one here. I would love to find some additional ammo for my guns......so that if somebody does try to break-in and steal them, I will have at least 100 shots to shoot them completely dead before I cut them up into little pieces and proceeded to feed them to the turtles up in the ponds. :cheers:

Dub

Went by the local Walmart and noticed over the last several days that the stockers have just been setting any ammo that comes in on the gun counter and having a free for all.

Noticed same thing when I was in Cabela's two weeks ago.

Boxes of bullets were in a shopping cart and over by the empty shelves....evidently an employee staged them there to be put onto the shelves, however customers were picking through them and buying them. Was only a dozen boxes of bullets left in the cart, mainly Barnes and in calibers I don't play with.

rosewood

I find it hard to plink and practice at over a dollar a round! Been a lot quieter around here since ammo shortage
I was thinking the same thing. Bet this has put a serious hamper on the shooting sports.

Rosewood

bullgator

I was thinking the same thing. Bet this has put a serious hamper on the shooting sports.

Rosewood
And this might become the back door way of killing the industry, intentional or not. So, at whatever point along the supply chain that prices are being unnecessarily spiked, I hope they realize the possible unintended consequences soon enough.

GregoryB.

I wonder how long it would take if we quit all the panic buying and let the gougers set on that ammo. You here about the guy that panic buys a case of 300 Win mag ammo and only shoots a few shots the day before season but he got the whole case because someone else would buy it if he didn't.

lampern

I wonder how long it would take if we quit all the panic buying and let the gougers set on that ammo. You here about the guy that panic buys a case of 300 Win mag ammo and only shoots a few shots the day before season but he got the whole case because someone else would buy it if he didn't.

How many buyers are buying ammo to flip it for a profit?

rosewood

Lampern, to answer that question just look in the classifieds here on GON. Then imagine that on every forum that has a classified section. Look at all the new members since this summer on gunbroker listing ammo and reloading supplies.
Same thing on ODT. Amazing how many folks have cases of ammo and primers for sale. Wonder where they are getting it from.

lampern

Same thing on ODT. Amazing how many folks have cases of ammo and primers for sale. Wonder where they are getting it from.

They bought it cheap and stacked it deep before this happened but prices have gone up enough to make it worth selling vs shooting?

rosewood

They bought it cheap and stacked it deep before this happened but prices have gone up enough to make it worth selling vs shooting?
Yeah, but I have seen folks with 30k primers in cases for sale. Who buys that much? All of the same type.

bluemarlin

There's definitely something fishy going on.. I understand that there were over 7 million new gun buyers last year and they all need a few boxes of ammo on top of all us lifelong owners but what about all the sales of gun manufactures? Like Colt selling for 220 million.... seems cheap to me and unless you pay a lot of attention to the firearms industry you'd have never known Colt sold. It got zero attention.

I just want some Hornady Precision Hunter in 30-06 or 6.5 PRC and not looking to pay over 6 bucks per bullet like I see on the only place to find them.. Gunbroker.

...and if you think reloading supplies are hard to find now just wait until all the new reloader folk scoop up what they need to get into the hobby because of all this mess. That side of the market will be boogered up for a while.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I have participated a little myself with some 7.62X39. However I did sell it at the pre shortage prices. Both the guys that bought it were elated... :D ..so was I.

I keep looking at what I have and thinking Purdy Gurl might want a Diamond Ring or a nice VaCa...been 7 years since I had one. I ran the South fork of the American in some strong Class IIIs. I wouldn't mind camping in Yellowstone for a week in the Spring.

Then I just say...I can keep what I have and do what I want when I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.