Crosman 2200

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I know there are a few Air Rifle enthusiasts on here and I had mentioned in another post that I picked up a Crosman 2200 Mag but it didn't hold air at all. I ordered a rebuild/replace kit and finally got around to swapping the new parts tonight.
(Youtube was an incredible help).
Anyway even at 9pm I HAD to shoot it.
Distance was only 5yds due to darkness, open sights, 3 shots.
I will put a scope on it tomorrow but I was thrilled with the open sight group under the conditions.
20210227_211354.jpg

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
After a thorough search of what I moved with us and what was at our other house, I rounded up these. I know of at least 4 more that I have to find and REALLY wish I could go back in time to the house I grew up in and snag the ones my sis got rid of.
20210301_161857.jpg20210301_161723.jpg

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
MAN!!! Whadda cool haul of great stuff!!! They all work?
The brass handled 760 will lose air over time and the 5mm Sheridan won't build any air but all of the rest work fine.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
The more I shot the 760 today the better it did. It is on the verge of the pump cup and o rings going bad is my guess. I think using it and moving some lube around bought it a little life.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I had both the Crosman 2200 and 760 Pumpmaster years ago, and both shot very well. I could easily get my daily limit of squirrels back then with the 2200. All open sights, no scopes. I had so much fun shooting those guns back then, but both eventually wore out and would no longer shoot. The 2200 was my favorite of all the air rifles I've owned, and I've owned several. I also used to pop a handful of those lead pellets in my mouth for quick access, while out squirrel hunting. It's a wonder I ain't dead from lead poisoning. :bounce:

The 2200 is a hard hitting air rifle. Great times!

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I had both the Crosman 2200 and 760 Pumpmaster years ago, and both shot very well. I could easily get my daily limit of squirrels back then with the 2200. All open sights, no scopes. I had so much fun shooting those guns back then, but both eventually wore out and would no longer shoot. The 2200 was my favorite of all the air rifles I've owned, and I've owned several. I also used to pop a handful of those lead pellets in my mouth for quick access, while out squirrel hunting. It's a wonder I ain't dead from lead poisoning. :bounce:

The 2200 is a hard hitting air rifle. Great times!
Our youths were very similar! Between pellets and split shot idk how I do not have godzilla skin.

bighonkinjeep

That is a Daisy Powerline 717 single side cocker.
They all seem to have that "Ruger style" target pistol profile. I still have an old Crossman 454 BBmatic around somewhere. That darn thing was stupid accurate. As a much younger man I would throw tin cans and see how many times I could shoot them before they hit the ground. Usually 4 or 5. Over the decades one of the kids stepped on it and bent the barrel so it didn't shoot straight anymore and I think one of the grip panels got misplaced but it's still around here somewhere. Great CO2 pistol and had plenty of power. I might have to see if I can find another.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
They all seem to have that "Ruger style" target pistol profile. I still have an old Crossman 454 BBmatic around somewhere. That darn thing was stupid accurate. As a much younger man I would throw tin cans and see how many times I could shoot them before they hit the ground. Usually 4 or 5. Over the decades one of the kids stepped on it and bent the barrel so it didn't shoot straight anymore and I think one of the grip panels got misplaced but it's still around here somewhere. Great CO2 pistol and had plenty of power. I might have to see if I can find another.
I think I had one in my younger days.
It had a spring loaded tab or stem on the side that fed the BBs correct?
I know there are 2 Crosman c02 revolvers that look like Pythons and another that looks like a .38 colt revolver at our other place. I have to find those. There is an OLD Benjamin pump pistol there that was my Fathers (he is 81) , a break barrel Tempest pellet pistol and definitely 2 Red Ryders.
I remember having a Lever action Daisy bb rifle. The barrel end unscrewed and the entire end/barrel came out. You pulled a spring with tab back and loaded maybe 25 BBs into it and screwed it back into the front end. It had a peep sight and changeable front sights. Wood stocks. It wasn't very powerful but it was quite accurate for a BB rifle. That is one that was left at my homestead and later went "missing" when my sis took the place over. I'd like that one back too.

You guys have me on a quest now!!!

bighonkinjeep

I think I had one in my younger days.
It had a spring loaded tab or stem on the side that fed the BBs correct?
I know there are 2 Crosman c02 revolvers that look like Pythons and another that looks like a .38 colt revolver at our other place. I have to find those. There is an OLD Benjamin pump pistol there that was my Fathers (he is 81) , a break barrel Tempest pellet pistol and definitely 2 Red Ryders.
I remember having a Lever action Daisy bb rifle. The barrel end unscrewed and the entire end/barrel came out. You pulled a spring with tab back and loaded maybe 25 BBs into it and screwed it back into the front end. It had a peep sight and changeable front sights. Wood stocks. It wasn't very powerful but it was quite accurate for a BB rifle. That is one that was left at my homestead and later went "missing" when my sis took the place over. I'd like that one back too.

You guys have me on a quest now!!!

Correct on the top loading with side spring. I have one of the crossman CO2 "revolvers" too and cant recall the model number right now, but it doesnt shoot as hard or as accurate as the 454 BBmatic did.