FFL transfer fees

Gator89

It is my understanding that there is still a short wait when purchasing from some folks I have spoken with. Maybe one of the FL residents hold speak about it. I was told it must be nice to present your CWP and walk right out.

Yes, after the Parkland school shooting the state changed the law so even a CWP holder still goes through a background check when purchasing a firearm, but the 3 or 5 day wait is waived.

If the buyer has no CWP, then there is a state mandated 3 day wait, counties may opt to add 2 days for a total of 5.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Yes, after the Parkland school shooting the state changed the law so even a CWP holder still goes through a background check when purchasing a firearm, but the 3 or 5 day wait is waived.

If the buyer has no CWP, then there is a state mandated 3 day wait, counties may opt to add 2 days for a total of 5.

yep...that shows you we kinda have it made a little bit here in GA compared to other places...like the Washington State regs...we don't have it so bad really

bullgator

It is my understanding that there is still a short wait when purchasing from some folks I have spoken with. Maybe one of the FL residents hold speak about it. I was told it must be nice to present your CWP and walk right out.
Oh, ok. I’m a Florida resident and with my Concealed Carry Permit and unique last name my approval takes about 2-5 minutes. I’m usually approved before I can finish paperwork. However, one evening our state system was slow and an hour later I left without my transfer (store closed). Next morning I walk in and out in less than a minute.
I thought you were saying we could leave with the weapon without waiting on the approval.