Pine log WMA hog hunting

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I saw a lot of sign up there last summer and fall while fishing. Never saw a hog, though.

MainFrame9

Found a bed in some laurel thicket on Monday while turkey hunting.24E55BF6-2B2B-4736-A54D-BBE24D1D19EF.jpeg

Attachments

• 0D847502-0583-4AD3-87E1-9CA9F7523F96.jpeg
    0D847502-0583-4AD3-87E1-9CA9F7523F96.jpeg
    923.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 7B4C8046-D8C2-4CF6-9780-649EC3EDDEF0.jpeg
    7B4C8046-D8C2-4CF6-9780-649EC3EDDEF0.jpeg
    923.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 7A8B71DE-4EE9-4C34-B993-521079412F77.jpeg
    7A8B71DE-4EE9-4C34-B993-521079412F77.jpeg
    923.9 KB · Views: 18

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I was at the dove field yesterday afternoon and saw nothing but deer tracks. I haven’t seen much sign lately, but they have to be out there somewhere

j_seph

I cannot remember how to get there but we hunted the dog hunt several years ago. We turned in past check station to left. Went in and there was a road to the left, a big foodplot on the left that backed up to a creek tore all to pieces. Do not hunt there. Go up the road a few hundred yards, drop off the opposite side into the pine thicket. We got 2 down in there. Going on up that road is an overgrown clearcut, we got 2 in there. Thick areas

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I cannot remember how to get there but we hunted the dog hunt several years ago. We turned in past check station to left. Went in and there was a road to the left, a big foodplot on the left that backed up to a creek tore all to pieces. Do not hunt there. Go up the road a few hundred yards, drop off the opposite side into the pine thicket. We got 2 down in there. Going on up that road is an overgrown clearcut, we got 2 in there. Thick areas
That’s going up the main rd and taking the first Ford on the left. I have seen that plot on the left absolutely destroyed by hogs......there is another plot behind that one and it too gets torn up. We’ve seen hogs there before, but long ago......still, I have to check it out if I go that way........not a bad spot to look for turkeys too!

j_seph

That’s going up the main rd and taking the first Ford on the left. I have seen that plot on the left absolutely destroyed by hogs......there is another plot behind that one and it too gets torn up. We’ve seen hogs there before, but long ago......still, I have to check it out if I go that way........not a bad spot to look for turkeys too!
We dumped the dogs there, they went across the fireld, across the back one then across the creek and up ridge. Then U-turned back, through the woods and across the road again into that thicket

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
We dumped the dogs there, they went across the fireld, across the back one then across the creek and up ridge. Then U-turned back, through the woods and across the road again into that thicket
I swear we took that same route on foot, but we stopped at the creek cause we could smell them.......that’s bout the time the wind started swirling. We got a quick look then they were GON!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Another fantastic walk a bout depending on the wind is to park across the creek at the check station, then headto the creek. Walk north and enjoy! it’ll take you straight to those plots. There is a small area where the boundaries will make you take a right and go around a sweet little pine thicket.....it’s a square shaped boundary that will take you right back to the creek If you follow the boundary line. If you decide you want to stay along the creek, it’s a straight, pine needle littered rd and only about 100 yards or so and you’ll be back on WMA. :cool:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
If the hunt you are talking about was the one where they left it open for non dog hunters, I may have been along stamp creek that day. I remember hearing dogs giving chase and it sounded like the exact route you described when you dropped them.:rockon:

I was on top of Bear Mtn in Pinelog a week ago, and hogs had that ridge trail all tore up. About a 10 mile round trip hike from East Valley Rd, and that is the only hog sign I saw that day. Didn't see any actual pigs, though.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Went to the dove fields off oak street Wednesday. Made a big loop and saw no pig sign. Usually this time of year they show up at the fields......the whole place looks different from all the tree cutting. Only tracks I saw were yote and a few deer. Thanks for the report archer, I wish they open the north gate