New AR-15 Build...

Dub

Yes, the Vortex 1-10 HD III...and the mono and bipod from B&T Industries...

Wicked scope.

I've been hoping someone from here would get one and get some trigger time with and tell us about it.

Amazing to me that a scope that can run at 1X with daytime red dot......can then zoom on out that far.

Amazing.

Tight Lines

Wicked scope.

I've been hoping someone from here would get one and get some trigger time with and tell us about it.

Amazing to me that a scope that can run at 1X with daytime red dot......can then zoom on out that far.

Amazing.

Well when it is done let's meet up and you can try it out in person...

Reactions: Dub

Dub

I decided a few days ago to pick up a pair of Vortex's 1-6 Strike Eagle's to use on two AR's.

I hope the illuminated reticle will be bright enough for daytime use....time will tell.

Needed to get a couple guns scoped and running on a tight budget.

That new Razor is unreal. Image jumps out at you. I'm betting you'll be very pleased.

Tight Lines

I decided a few days ago to pick up a pair of Vortex's 1-6 Strike Eagle's to use on two AR's.

I hope the illuminated reticle will be bright enough for daytime use....time will tell.

Needed to get a couple guns scoped and running on a tight budget.

That new Razor is unreal. Image jumps out at you. I'm betting you'll be very pleased.

Thanks...I'm hoping...this is the most expensive AR build I've ever done by far, and I wanted to see what I could build...thank goodness I ordered most of the parts on the front end of the pandemic...

Let's meet up some time and give them a whirl...I've got a portable shooting bench...and a barrel to season...

Dub

I'd enjoy that immensely.

My time is not a commodity that have much control of these days. I spend a lot of time on here via my cellphone from wife's doctor's appointments and while she naps.

I'm able to get my son to sit in for me for an hour or so every couple of weeks and I try to get a fast range session in. Trigger therapy time. Good stuff.

Tight Lines

Well I am between work projects right now, and the Tide Dawgs game was stressing me out, so I pulled out the tote with all my COVID AR project parts and going to get the 5.56 put together...still need the thermal and some other parts for the 6 MM ARC. But here we go!

FYI my wife is out of town so I am using the coffee table...she would be proud...

IMG_9683.JPG

transfixer

Looking good ! I've got parts for another 7.62x39 build, this one will be a 16 inch lightweight barrel, just haven't sat down and started assembling yet, the last one I built was a heavy barrel, and I never liked the way it balanced out .

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Looks like a great rifle you are assembling.

I would add some ladder rail panels on that long span of unused rail. I included a picture as an example. They make a huge difference in the way i shoot and carry. They protect the sharp edges from snag and they can provide index for your weak hand while shooting. Notice the taller black ones that are forward of the green (right behind the light) that is where i wrap my thumb when firing. Helps build muscle memory and consistent hold.

IMG_4466.jpegLet us know how it shoots

Last edited:

Tight Lines

Thanks that's a sweet rig you have there! What brand are they and can you send some close up pics? I need to order some M-Lok rail sections...

Looks like a great rifle you are assembling.

I would add some ladder rail panels on that long span of unused rail. I included a picture as an example. They make a huge difference in the way i shoot and carry. They protect the sharp edges from snag and they can provide index for your weak hand while shooting. Notice the taller black ones that are forward of the green (right behind the light) that is where i wrap my thumb when firing. Helps build muscle memory and consistent hold.

View attachment 1273731Let us know how it shoots

Tight Lines

Well got the upper mostly together...barrel is on, barrel nut timed for the hand guard and hit a wall. The gas tube that came with the barrel is the wrong length. I bought it in 2020 and didn't think to check it...so need a new gas tube to finish. BCG is together, and ready to finish once I have the gas tube. This thing should be a shooter...it's big and heavy...even though it is mostly titanium and alloys. Can't wait to shoot it...
IMG_9695.JPGIMG_9699.JPGIMG_9698.JPGIMG_9697.JPGIMG_9696.JPGIMG_9694.JPGIMG_9692.JPG

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Thanks that's a sweet rig you have there! What brand are they and can you send some close up pics? I need to order some M-Lok rail sections...
Your looks like a great rifle too.

I cant remember for sure but i am pretty sure they are made by ERGO. Magpuhl makes some too, but ergo makes the longest ones, which is what you want. The index clips are made by LaRue (great company). See picture of my rifle in the attached picture - i have black ones that index for my weak hand thumb. They sell a kit that is great and include tapeswitch wire holders. IMG_6692.jpegYou mention that you may want to get some MLOK covers? I had some, and as i was installing them, i decided to take them off for three reasons - 1) They made my rails a lot thicker. My hand is more secure on a smaller forearm. 2 - they don't allow for your barrel to cool as fast when you cover the mloks. 3- i have a stretch sixteen barrel which takes up a lot of space under the SLR thin forearm, the bolts that hold the covers on seemed awfully close to the barrel, so close, that i was worried about harmonics.

Something to think about? Let us know how it shoots.

Tight Lines

I'm not going to put much in the way of M-lok rails, but I need a way to attach the sling, bipod, and hand grip. And the sidewinder sights.

Tight Lines

So the replacement gas tube is on the way, and a new scope mount since the last one didn't work...had planned to put an RMR next to the scope, but the Warne RAMP didn't work...so new 34MM Warne QD mount on the way...once that arrives, and the gas tube, this AR-15 should be complete...sans a few minor modifications.