New rod build

Seanote

I am ready to put the epoxy on this one. This spinning rod is built on a Lamiglas Med/Fast 7' blank with long cork grip and fore grip. It has an ergonomic, exposed blank reel seat, gold/black guides, with teal wraps and gold trim bands. This should be sweet! The guides will be aligned prior to putting on the epoxy. :cool:

Attachments

• Lamispin1jpeg.jpeg
    Lamispin1jpeg.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 34
  • lamispin2.jpeg
    lamispin2.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Lamispin3.jpeg
    Lamispin3.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 32
  • lamispin4.jpeg
    lamispin4.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 30

jmffish

I am ready to put the epoxy on this one. This spinning rod is built on a Lamiglas Med/Fast 7' blank with long cork grip and fore grip. It has an ergonomic, exposed blank reel seat, gold/black guides, with teal wraps and gold trim bands. This should be sweet! The guides will be aligned prior to putting on the epoxy. :cool:

Looks really sharp..

jmfauver

I still struggle with the diamond and square wraps, thankfully not many ask for it..

Seanote

I still struggle with the diamond and square wraps, thankfully not many ask for it..

I tried one on a build for myself and it turned out pretty well. I have since done a butt wrap on all of my personal rods for the practice. It is the setup that is the key to a good wrap. I would rather not have the extra weight personally.