Hog Wanted

GottaGetOutdoors

Update 4-2-2021. Guitar Guy killed his first hog yesterday. In fact it was his first kill of any kind as a new hunter. He had several encounters with sounders and passed up several shots because calves were feeding nearby. But he finally closed the deal. Seeing the excitement in his face was priceless. Congratulations and welcome to the brotherhood of hunters!

Guitar Guy

Update 4-2-2021. Guitar Guy killed his first hog yesterday. In fact it was his first kill of any kind as a new hunter. He had several encounters with sounders and passed up several shots because calves were feeding nearby. But he finally closed the deal. Seeing the excitement in his face was priceless. Congratulations and welcome to the brotherhood of hunters!

Thank you, sir! That was absolutely awesome. I was blown away by both the experience itself and your generosity. I will never forget it!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Thank you, sir! That was absolutely awesome. I was blown away by both the experience itself and your generosity. I will never forget it!
Awesome , share some pictures , or at least a story , congrats on the pig ! And good job gottagetoutdoors , mighty fine !

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I love it when a good plan comes together !!!

Thanks to GottaGetOutdoors and Congrats to Guitar Guy for such an accomplishment.

Warning!!! Happenings like this tend to create life-long FRIENDSHIPS FOR MEMBERS OF THIS WEBSITE !!!! :cheers:

Guitar Guy

Awesome , share some pictures , or at least a story , congrats on the pig ! And good job gottagetoutdoors , mighty fine !

After missing/passing on a few opportunities, @GottaGetOutdoors was utterly determined to send me home successful. We rolled up on a hay feeder that had some cows and calves around it, except that if you looked closely, a few pigs had snuck in the group. With shooting light fading by the second, @GottaGetOutdoors used his pig mojo to get us closer and closer - within 30 yards I would say. Calves were a major consideration here, so a shooting window would open, then close, then open again - all very quickly.

Finally, with a minute or two of useable light left at most, I found a pig in my crosshairs and squeezed the trigger of my 30-06. A big flash and a crack. The whole thing unfolded so quickly that I honestly wasn't sure if I was successful, but after the smoke cleared, lo and behold, a wee pig was laying there. Clean kill. I almost couldn't believe it finally happened after building it up in my mind for so long.

@GottaGetOutdoors looked like a kid on Christmas day, and I felt like one. He was absolutely pumped that I harvested my first animal. It might not be a monster, 40 lbs at most, but the experience was absolutely priceless - and the tacos will be tasty. And oh yeah - never quartered an animal before, but I got down to business and got it done. Enjoyed the entire experience from the first second to the last second.

This was one of the kindest gestures anyone has ever extended to me, and it will continue to ripple through my life in many different ways. Thank you again @GottaGetOutdoors!

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I want one so fresh it died in front of my eyes. Im on the way. 150 max sow.
Down to 59-60 sow.
I’ll clean it all if I seen it die.
Just to be SURE its fresh.
Maybe two little ones.
Can I shoot it too?
We don’t see hogs round here much if ever.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
After missing/passing on a few opportunities, @GottaGetOutdoors was utterly determined to send me home successful. We rolled up on a hay feeder that had some cows and calves around it, except that if you looked closely, a few pigs had snuck in the group. With shooting light fading by the second, @GottaGetOutdoors used his pig mojo to get us closer and closer - within 30 yards I would say. Calves were a major consideration here, so a shooting window would open, then close, then open again - all very quickly.

Finally, with a minute or two of useable light left at most, I found a pig in my crosshairs and squeezed the trigger of my 30-06. A big flash and a crack. The whole thing unfolded so quickly that I honestly wasn't sure if I was successful, but after the smoke cleared, lo and behold, a wee pig was laying there. Clean kill. I almost couldn't believe it finally happened after building it up in my mind for so long.

@GottaGetOutdoors looked like a kid on Christmas day, and I felt like one. He was absolutely pumped that I harvested my first animal. It might not be a monster, 40 lbs at most, but the experience was absolutely priceless - and the tacos will be tasty. And oh yeah - never quartered an animal before, but I got down to business and got it done. Enjoyed the entire experience from the first second to the last second.

This was one of the kindest gestures anyone has ever extended to me, and it will continue to ripple through my life in many different ways. Thank you again @GottaGetOutdoors!
That’s awesome ? congrats again !

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?

This was one of the kindest gestures anyone has ever extended to me, and it will continue to ripple through my life in many different ways. Thank you again @GottaGetOutdoors![/QUOTE
That's awesome! This site is full of folks like @GottaGetOutdoors . I'm glad you smoked one man,welcome to the hate.

bany

I had lost this thread but glad to find it today! Congratulations on all the excitement and pleasure y’all!
gotta gotta have some serious land opportunities and it’s really awesome he got guitar out for a first time kill!