St. Marks 4/5...

slow motion

Just a little advice about kill switches. Since you have to use them now as @notnksnemor brought to our attention take a minute to inspect how they work. Having never used one until this trip I naturally forgot to unclip a few times. Took a few minutes to figure out how to put it back on. Also got concerned later when the boat wouldn't start. Had the switch dangling from me the whole time. Easier to get familiar with it on land. Also I suggest buying a spare since they are plastic and will eventually break. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
yeah, And get extra and keep it taped to the console right beside the kill switch. In case a passenger needs to crank the boat up to turn it around to pick you out the water.
There was some discussion on the other thread about kill switches that allow the boat to crank without the lanyard clipped in but I don't see why anybody would need to clip it in if the boat ran without the clip.
Don't make no sense.

1eyefishing

And you just proved your boat won't crank without one clipped in.
I know I've had a couple of boats that won't crank without one clipped also... :ROFLMAO:

slow motion

Catch 'em up fellas. Headed to Tallahassee with Mrs. Slow Motion. Working on a plot to stay a few more days.

Evergreen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Catch 'em up fellas. Headed to Tallahassee with Mrs. Slow Motion. Working on a plot to stay a few more days.

When you get back to camp, put the transfer case in neutral and tell her the parts will be there in a few days for you to fix it, can only be driven a few miles every day until parts arrive. Just far enough to launch the boat basically. Order a 10.00 solenoid from somewhere with extremely slow shipping just so a package does arrive and the back story stays accurate...

slow motion

That's funny @Evergreen but the plot does not apply to Mrs. Slow. She would say stay as long as you want. It's a work thing.

1eyefishing

4/7
Didn't have a fishing partner today so went out by myself to see if I could add to my pile of trout filets. My face for about an hour and a 1/2 in 1 spot and caught+released 3 table fare size black drum, got broken off by a bigger one, released 3 short trout and kept my one over 19". :bounce:
I didn't even bother to get ice for the fish Box, figured I'd just throw some out of my cooler if I needed it.

Almost 22"... Out of one of my most dependable spots. I'm just gonna name it the 'Photo Hole'.

Screenshot_20210407-141349_Gallery.jpg

Since I had no ice, he made it to the icehouse alive…
Good addition to my filet pile...
Screenshot_20210407-141303_Gallery.jpg

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Tear em up boys!

Called down this morning and made reservations at Fish Camp for next month.

slow motion

What happened to Kansas? Did he go home? Tell him to stay. I won't hold him to the offer to share his good whiskey with me.

doomtrpr_z71

4/7
Didn't have a fishing partner today so went out by myself to see if I could add to my pile of trout filets. My face for about an hour and a 1/2 in 1 spot and caught+released 3 table fare size black drum, got broken off by a bigger one, released 3 short trout and kept my one over 19". :bounce:
I didn't even bother to get ice for the fish Box, figured I'd just throw some out of my cooler if I needed it.

Almost 22"... Out of one of my most dependable spots. I'm just gonna name it the 'Photo Hole'.

View attachment 1075707

Since I had no ice, he made it to the icehouse alive…
Good addition to my filet pile...
View attachment 1075708
You haven't gotten brave enough to use my points yet have you????

1eyefishing

Tell you what load up tomorrow and come fish with us at the hatch and I'll put them in your gps??

Man that's a fine offer, I appreciate it. And it would be completely doable except for the fact that I'm loading up to go get in my hunt camp camper and then run off to the GON get together on Friday. Gotta head home on Sunday to do some laundry, kiss the dog, and pet the wife.
By mid week next week I will be back down here for another week. If you can make it down for a day trip or 2, we'll fish here.
Weekend of the 24th I have family plans but will be back here again shortly after that.
Would love to get together...

slow motion

Man that's a fine offer, I appreciate it. And it would be completely doable except for the fact that I'm loading up to go get in my hunt camp camper and then run off to the GON get together on Friday. Gotta head home on Sunday to do some laundry, kiss the dog, and pet the wife.
By mid week next week I will be back down here for another week. If you can make it down for a day trip or 2, we'll fish here.
Weekend of the 24th I have family plans but will be back here again shortly after that.
Would love to get together...
I think the gathering got postponed brother.

slow motion

Got errands done in time to fish the Ochlocknee for a few hours. Hit a couple of almost never miss redfish spots. Nothing doing. Ran down to the bay and threw a twitch bait. 1 hardhead. Still nice to be on the water.

1eyefishing

Calvin, The fact that the campout has been cancelled changes a lot, but I have an appointment tomorrow to get my boat trailer in the trailer shop for new brake pads hub maintenance etc...
And I've been gone from home for over a week and getting a little homesick.
I'll be back in Saint mark's a lot over the next 2 weeks And hope we can get together either here or at the hatch soon.