Is God in the 2% difference?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Energy could be considered or named "god". I have issue with someone telling me that they know which specific god energy is and it's also interesting that in each and every single case that god happens to be the exact same god they worship.
Yup that is a tough one for Christians to claim / explain it’s our God because the Indian says it’s the.....

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I’ve heard it explained several ways, the most convincing from a Christians view is that God is no respecter of persons. Just as some of those miracles in the Bible, miracles for whoever still happen as a way to get the attention of those he’s dealing with. I believe God can deal with the Atheist, too.
Again, beliefs, guesses, wants, needs are all anyone has.

jollyroger

Energy could be considered or named "god". I have issue with someone telling me that they know which specific god energy is and it's also interesting that in each and every single case that god happens to be the exact same god they worship.

Yea unfortunately man has ego.

Being able to detach from the ego is unfortunately difficult or nearly impossible to do for the vast majority of folks, myself included.

For me personally it's only ever been a fleeting and ephemeral experience that's happened a mere handful of times in my life.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Religion is mostly cultural. Most people raised in rural southern America are protestant Christians. Most people raised in the northern US and the Latin American countries are Catholic Christians. If any of those American people who are devout Christians had been born somewhere else, I firmly believe that they would right now be devout Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs, or whatever, and would just as firmly believe that their religion is the only true one. I am more of the mind that no organized religion has a patent on The Truth. I think a lot of Native American and Celtic religions may be closer to The Truth than most modern organized religions. I also have a feeling that Jolly Roger's theory of lost ancient knowledge may be more valid than we think.

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
I’ve heard it explained several ways, the most convincing from a Christians view is that God is no respecter of persons. Just as some of those miracles in the Bible, miracles for whoever still happen as a way to get the attention of those he’s dealing with. I believe God can deal with the Atheist, too.

Always has been ... always will be

John 12
28 Father, glorify Your name.” Then a voice came out of heaven: “I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.” 29 So the crowd of people who stood by and heard it were saying that it had thundered; others were saying, “An angel has spoken to Him.”

gordon 2

You had me interested until "3 sides, The Holy Trinity"

People existed, religion existed LONG before the God of Abraham came to be talked about (IE: existed)
There seems to be a serious disconnect among the Christian believers about claiming to have a Monotheistic religion and in the next breath talking about a Father a Son and yet another Spirit among an already two Spirits.
Trinity is a group of three. The sum of one and one and one equals three.
It is yet another example of suspending the definition in order to suit because the diety worshipped is beyond the rules.
I cannot grasp why if a trinity existed and is symbolized throughout creation from day one why it took so long for humans to come up with the concept. In the scheme of ancient religions the trinity arrived pretty late to the game.
The entire concept and excuses are ridiculous.

Quote:"In the scheme of ancient religions the trinity arrived pretty late to the game.
The entire concept and excuses are ridiculous." end Quote
---------------------------
Or the trinity existed all along, but the philosophy available to consciousness so to express the Divine in this manner, said a trinity, arrived relatively late to the philosophy game and so to consciousness.

A philosophy observing the mandelas of nature and a philosophy observing the pulsations of active forms within nature, including philosophy itself through time, might bright to the table of dissertation or comment very different vocabularies let alone assessments of what consciousness is able to grasp at.

I like to think this way, although it might be too simple: Pagan-gentile beliefs- consciousness are usually from the observations of the interconnectedness of nature. What separates the beliefs derived from the common processes of nature with those of the greater religions are the philosophical outlooks of the latter who are willing to release the mind between heartbeats ( like the release of a bow string) and declare things so unnatural--they are supernatural and so on... And so consciousness of what was is vastly different of what they are at any given point in time and also what it will be. While the skeletons of nature have a great commonality, the life forces built from them have less.

And so the geometry of the fractal is left behind as a model of witness in matters spiritual, rather the new model is man, conscious man conscious that he is hunting in inner worlds which impose designs on all of life.

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Quote:"In the scheme of ancient religions the trinity arrived pretty late to the game.
The entire concept and excuses are ridiculous." end Quote
---------------------------
Or the trinity existed all along, but the philosophy available to consciousness so to express the Divine in this manner, said a trinity, arrived relatively late to the philosophy game and so to consciousness.
So god made people who were incapable of understanding his concept until a certain time then all of a sudden he flicked the switch marked "understand"?
There is absolutely zero evidence that any sort of trinity existed before the writings in the bible or outside of those same writings. That is a leap believers have to make and assert. The conciousness has existed for a long time that allows a person to immediately leap from One god to now Three gods all with different names, titles, tempers and duties. The ability of the conscious to suspend the rules followed in life in every other manner in order to make excuses to try to piece together absurd scenarios because they NEED it to be so has existed pre bible and outside of the bible. That has been proven for 10,000+ years which is longer than it took someone to introduce a trinity of one.

jollyroger

So god made people who were incapable of understanding his concept until a certain time then all of a sudden he flicked the switch marked "understand"?
There is absolutely zero evidence that any sort of trinity existed before the writings in the bible or outside of those same writings. That is a leap believers have to make and assert. The conciousness has existed for a long time that allows a person to immediately leap from One god to now Three gods all with different names, titles, tempers and duties. The ability of the conscious to suspend the rules followed in life in every other manner in order to make excuses to try to piece together absurd scenarios because they NEED it to be so has existed pre bible and outside of the bible. That has been proven for 10,000+ years which is longer than it took someone to introduce a trinity of one.
One could say eating from the tree of knowledge was the tipping point.

That may be the authors way of explaining the genesis of knowledge (consciousness).

It can be thought of just like any other primitive origin story.

The rise to consciousness is packaged into an easily digestible form for people of all intellects.

WaltL1

Now, now, now, for 4000 years within the pages of the bible that "spirit" left more evidence than Pee Wee Herman in a theater. The "spirit" was making itself known since day one, talking donkeys, booming voices fire and brimstone, helping win wars, burning bushes parting seas, drowning over 20 million, then the new and improved version was literally walking among people, bringing back dead people, healing lepers, resurrecting and ascending skyward. Where is that evidence outside of those pages? Why did it stop?
Why did it stop?
Because "Jesus" was a real dude, a charismatic, rabble rousing preacher of sorts, who ruffled the wrong feathers and ended up like many rabble rousers of the time - nailed to a cross?
Men wrote the rest of the story mixing in factual places, people etc. with miracles, ascending and all the rest to further their particular religious agenda.
I think thats a plausible explanation of why it "stopped".

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

That may be the authors way of explaining the genesis of knowledge (consciousness).
Eating from the tree of knowledge (what a silly concept) came Thousands upon thousands of years after modern humans were already modern and worshipping gods before the god of abraham was invented.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Because "Jesus" was a real dude, a charismatic, rabble rousing preacher of sorts, who ruffled the wrong feathers and ended up like many rabble rousers of the time - nailed to a cross?
Men wrote the rest of the story mixing in factual places, people etc. with miracles, ascending and all the rest to further their particular religious agenda.
I think thats a plausible explanation of why it "stopped".
In reality there were others in Jewish culture that came after him who fulfilled more prophetic accomplishments and still did not meet the title of messiah. The contestants keep coming and their followers keep on wearing the fan gear but the involvement of any actual god or gods came to a halt as technology made it possible to capture these claims of interactions with humans.
I agree on your Jesus assessment and his fans trying to connect dots in their writings.

jollyroger

Eating from the tree of knowledge (what a silly concept) came Thousands upon thousands of years after modern humans were already modern and worshipping gods before the god of abraham was invented.
I try not to place my 21st century intellect into that of quasi-prehistoric man.

I could be wrong and probably am, but I see the tree of knowledge being the point where we rose to awareness, consciousness, we branched off from other hominids in the chain.

I think it might be explaining the past farther back than Homo sapien sapien, I think these ancients had some idea that we may have had an ancestor that wasn't quite in our modern Homo sapien sapien form.

It could be just an analogy, we make them everyday to help explain difficult concepts to people not familiar with our fields or our area of expertise.

It could be just an origin story, I dont think the pre-Abrahamic gods are even relevant to the story, its kind of a stand alone thing.

I don’t want to digress too far off topic or get into crazy talk, but check out the Stoned Ape Theory.

Could the Fruit of Knowledge perhaps have been the consumption of psychedelic substances?

WaltL1

In reality there were others in Jewish culture that came after him who fulfilled more prophetic accomplishments and still did not meet the title of messiah. The contestants keep coming and their followers keep on wearing the fan gear but the involvement of any actual god or gods came to a halt as technology made it possible to capture these claims of interactions with humans.
I agree on your Jesus assessment and his fans trying to connect dots in their writings.
That must be the job interview from he11.
"So tell me Mr. Holy One, what are your accomplishments that you feel qualifies you for the position of Messiah"?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader

It can be thought of just like any other primitive origin story.

The rise to consciousness is packaged into an easily digestible form for people of all intellects.
Well it’s no secret that we have more knowledge (concerning morals) of what’s good and bad since then. There are still a few cave men left with wife beater shirts on though.

WaltL1

I try not to place my 21st century intellect into that of quasi-prehistoric man.

I could be wrong and probably am, but I see the tree of knowledge being the point where we rose to awareness, consciousness, we branched off from other hominids in the chain.

I think it might be explaining the past farther back than Homo sapien sapien, I think these ancients had some idea that we may have had an ancestor that wasn't quite in our modern Homo sapien sapien form.

It could be just an analogy, we make them everyday to help explain difficult concepts to people not familiar with our fields or our area of expertise.

It could be just an origin story, I dont think the pre-Abrahamic gods are even relevant to the story, its kind of a stand alone thing.

I don’t want to digress too far off topic or get into crazy talk, but check out the Stoned Ape Theory.

Could the Fruit of Knowledge perhaps have been the consumption of psychedelic substances?
I would imagine there was plenty of trial and error going on as to which plants etc went good in a terradactyl omelette and which ones made you imagine gods.

WaltL1

Thats something that gets lost in our conversations sometimes. We talk as though this particular god and Christianity etc is somehow the "beginning".
Fact is there were lots of gods/religions, though maybe not as "formal", before this particular one was even imagined.

gordon 2

There is a "silly" Jewish saying concerning wisdom --what it is. ( I use silly because it is a word used in present consciousness in this tread): It goes something like this: "What is all wisdom?" answer, " Do not do to others what you would not want others to do to you. This is all of wisdom." ( paraphrase).

Now why is this in the collective consciousness of man today, when it was not to some just a few centuries ago say in the consciousness of some the Apache for example?

--------------------

Language changes, people change, cultures change to form new cultures, consciousness changes to form newer consciousness or different consciousness. Sometimes a leap of consciousness ends up a happy accident. Sometimes in the consciousness world there is a new one just on the other side of the Jordan.

If only spiritual people would suspend more "rules" on purpose, like cutting edge science seeks to do everyday, then piecing together concepts might not seem so absurd or be judged attempt at excuse?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Thats something that gets lost in our conversations sometimes. We talk as though this particular god and Christianity etc is somehow the "beginning".
Fact is there were lots of gods/religions, though maybe not as "formal", before this particular one was even imagined.
Interesting read when thinking about the beginning. Our observation is only as provable as the time frame that we can observe it. The rest of it is assumption. Christians believe this God has always been - even before man was here to write and observe.

https://ucmp.berkeley.edu/education/events/tiffney3a.html