Clearfield Sunflowers and Beyond Herbicide

cddogfan1

Was considering doing a dovefile this year with this system.. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

doomtrpr_z71

Start clean with a good preemergent program because beyond is a one shot deal and 80% of it's uptake comes from the soil after it's applied, so the foilar uptake is pretty minor. You have to use a nonionic surfactant and a nitrogen source when it's applied unless it clearfield plus and then you can apply an extra 2oz of beyond and can use crop oil instead of the Nis. If moisture is present beyond will provide a residual control as well.

Ihunt

Here’s what I do.

I start with a relatively clean field. I harrow in my fertilizer and then wait about two weeks. I drill in the sunflowers then turn around and spray roundup and Dual magnum. This year I also put out some Zidua. I’ll wait until the first weeds appear then I will spray Beyond/Cadre. I think you have to have this done before there are 6 leaves. Please verify with the label. I’ll then spray Cleth when the grass shows up.

ChattBuck

Start clean with a good preemergent program because beyond is a one shot deal and 80% of it's uptake comes from the soil after it's applied, so the foilar uptake is pretty minor. You have to use a nonionic surfactant and a nitrogen source when it's applied unless it clearfield plus and then you can apply an extra 2oz of beyond and can use crop oil instead of the Nis. If moisture is present beyond will provide a residual control as well.

How do you tell if your purchased surfactant is non-ionic?