Any Thoughts on a GON N.GA camp-out/get together?

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
What about it? Y’all still want to put one of these together? I know there is the one in April but there ain’t no law saying we can’t have this one too. I’m all fer it.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
What about it? Y’all still want to put one of these together? I know there is the one in April but there ain’t no law saying we can’t have this one too. I’m all fer it.
I'm planning on going to the April one, but would be up for another, anytime.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Alright. Anybody interested? I couldn’t make the one they just had but I haven’t been to one of these in years and would like to go. Anybody interested?

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Wouldn't mind sitting around a campfire with the Redneck Emperor, sippin' whiskey and listening to a little guitar picking. I'm game. Northern zone, somewhere?

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Wouldn't mind sitting around a campfire with the Redneck Emperor, sippin' whiskey and listening to a little guitar picking. I'm game. Northern zone, somewhere?
Yes sir. Somewhere in the northern part of the state.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Alright. Anybody interested? I couldn’t make the one they just had but I haven’t been to one of these in years and would like to go. Anybody interested?
I'm interested.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
My schedule is pretty clear an I still managed to have a conflict after the rain delay on the last one. I would love to attend one anywhere in the state.

I am going to have to compliment Tate on his place after having seen the pics from the most recent get together, though. Man that is a pretty place.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
If I get to drank with the Emperor, NCH, DW, Etc I would be tempted to supply the Knob Creek and maybe a mason jar will show up.

K80

Depending on size Im willing to host on my river Bank.

I could handle 4 or 5 pop-ups. Handful of tents and hammocks. Gotta big firepit down by the river.

Victoria Bryant state park is a mile from the house for those with bigger campers.

Gotta changing room, just need a bucket to make it an outhouse.

For anyone interested in kayaking I've got spots to put in and pull out to do anywhere from 3 miles to 15 miles.

crackerdave

Any updates on this?
I plan to organize a North GA get together this fall.Right now, I am looking for a site...preferably private land.State parks are out because we like to party late and they have a ten o'clock limit on that.
K80 your place sounds promising.

K80

To take full advantage of the river with kayaking within the 4 months is best.

Also, I got a spot to put in a small jon boat if someone wants to float and fish a 3 mile stretch.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I’m not trying to wreck any future plans etc but fall is a long ways off. I don’t know what I’ll be doing then but I do know it will be deer season. I know I’m clear pretty much up until right after July 4th and then I’m slammed the whole month of July at work. But some time this spring or early summer seems like a good time for a mountain get together. Just my two cents.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist

I'm interested, never been to any forum meets and it would be nice to meet some folks in person. Unless you boys can't take having any big Govt. hanging around that is:huh:.

K80

I’m not trying to wreck any future plans etc but fall is a long ways off. I don’t know what I’ll be doing then but I do know it will be deer season. I know I’m clear pretty much up until right after July 4th and then I’m slammed the whole month of July at work. But some time this spring or early summer seems like a good time for a mountain get together. Just my two cents.
According to my wife about the only weekend we could do it here before July is June 18th, 19th, and 20th.

We will be on the river that weekend regardless...

Up river there's a spot to put in tubes and get out at our property that is a great float for families. There's several great spots to stop and let the kids play, one spot can get up to neck deep and is a great place to cool off from the sun.

The river is full of mud cats. I've also caught channels, shoal bass, and small bream.

Last edited: