weed eater

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I bought that 56 volt electric as well, it has done good so far.
Thinking I’ll invest in a couple other tools in the system.

I just picked up the blower and it's great so far. The danged weed eater has turned out about perfect!

Now I'm eyeballing the limb saw :bounce:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I just picked up the blower and it's great so far. The danged weed eater has turned out about perfect!

Now I'm eyeballing the limb saw :bounce:

I want the blower and edger, maybe the hedge trimmer.
The weed eater is surprisingly stout.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I want the blower and edger, maybe the hedge trimmer.
The weed eater is surprisingly stout.

Blower is the same way. I replaced a very weak battery powered blower by Greenworks. It was horrible compared to this.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I have the Ryobi pole saw & absolutely love it.
Bubba and I have had a Hooyman limb saw for about 5 years now that's worked flawlessly and I wouldn't be against another for me to keep at the house or to carry when I am hanging stands alone, but now that I have 2 batteries and chargers for the Ego all I need is the saw. Hopefully the service will be as good as the Hooyman has been.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
I’ll throw out a vote for Shindaiwa. Got a De Walt for light duty that’s pretty good too.

Geffellz18

I'm curious about folks with the battery trimmers. My wife is interested in having a second trimmer that isn't as heavy, and doesn't require choke/pull start. I have some Ryobi 18V tools gifted, thinking about the 18V brushless Ryobi. Anybody have one of those?
Ryobi 18V attachment capable trimmer

I bought one awhile back to have around the house since I have several of the Ryobi tools and batteries.
Only used a few times, but has worked pretty good for me so far.
Actually, I’ve been very pleased with most of the ryobi tools I’ve gotten, and I’ve got quite a few of them laying around now, even the 18v 16” lawn mower-which I bought just to cut the new grass in the back yard since the lawn guy can’t get back there due to a large project I’m working on.
I’d recommend all of their battery operated tools to any weekend warrior!

TomC

Got a Shindaiwa T262 back in May after reading its praises on landscape forums to replace a higher end Stihl. Haven't been overly pleased with my last few Stihls. This Shindaiwa is heavy if you look at a spec sheet but it carries very light and balanced, has a great grip and if you have ever gotten frustrated changing line on a weadeater, it takes about a MINUTE to replace the line and you don't have to take the head off to do so. I've put it to the test on some thick stuff and it's a BEAST. Quite obvious now why so many landscapers recommended this specific model Shindaiwa!

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
My Stihl gave up the ghost a couple weeks ago. I went with the Dewalt 60 volt flex. Very powerful motor.

RumarLos

I used to own an Echo and tbh, I'm not a fan of it.But years ago I was still a newbie in this and even though I noticed that my weed eater wasn't working fine, I chose to ignore it. Because all of my friends kept saying that Echo is the best brand of weed eaters out there. Turned out they couldn't be more wrong. Last year I got myself another weed eater and so far so good. The exclusive trimmer line lasts longer than any weed eater I'be used before!

Last edited: