Rooster needs some prayers

bilgerat

Senior
Prayers sent for a speedy recovery, Im amazed I haven got it yet, Im always forgetting to spray and even when I do I pick a few off every weekend, Im just a tick, chigger and skeeter magnet,

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I’ve had it. Ain’t no fun at all. I believe a lot of my joint problems and neuropathy issues are a result of the disease.
You reminded me about ticks when I posted about small creek fishing,that probably crossed your mind.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Prayers to you. People always cringe at me when I apply DEET. I tell them, you don't know anyone that's gotten Lyme or RMSF, clearly. Hope the antibiotics kick in and do their job quickly.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Got an update from the doctor today. Lyme came back negative but Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever came back positive. He seems to think I've had it for a while but I've never had the rash. My immune system was fighting it but it finally got ahead. Anyway, I'm being treated for that and I got another antibiotic shot and a steroid shot today to help with my joint pain. He took another blood sample and is checking me for Chikungunya, a mosquito borne virus, and some other stuff to figure out why my ankles are swollen and all my joints are hurting so bad. Should find out more next week.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Got an update from the doctor today. Lyme came back negative but Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever came back positive. He seems to think I've had it for a while but I've never had the rash. My immune system was fighting it but it finally got ahead. Anyway, I'm being treated for that and I got another antibiotic shot and a steroid shot today to help with my joint pain. He took another blood sample and is checking me for Chikungunya, a mosquito borne virus, and some other stuff to figure out why my ankles are swollen and all my joints are hurting so bad. Should find out more next week.
You’re now on prayer list

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Folks, prayers work. I just got a call from my Doctor that my joint pain may just be the Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever alone. In severe cases, some people do get joint problems like I have. He's still checking me for the mosquito borne virus to be safe though.
If this is the case, steroids will take care of my joint issues and the antibiotics will cure the spotted fever. Best possible news under the circumstances! Keep praying!