this is exactly why

baddave

i want hogs on my farm. I can hunt year round. Kilt this one sat. Evening and grilled a pc. of loin last nite and it was incredible

Attachments

• IMG_20210711_204946_687.jpg
    IMG_20210711_204946_687.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 20210710_205210.jpg
    20210710_205210.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 116

HogKillaDNR

Looks like it had some lead poisoning.

baddave

That’s what I was guessing. That is about the ONLY kind of farming that Hogs don’t destroy. You should try row crops,or Hay/Cows with Hogs around…
correct - how much damage can an occasional sounder do to my trees. i understand the others concern but there's not much of that around me . i don't expect the hog population to get out of hand there . but i do enjoy this entertainment now w/ an extra opportunity for hunting

GeorgiaGlockMan

Me too but definitely not one out the woods.
My farm (all trees) has very few pigs. I have had a few on camera and only seen live ones when I had a bow in hand no closer than 70 yds.

I even ran a feeder for a while trying to get some swine to show.....the pigs never found the feeder that was up a creek draw maybe 150-200 yds away.

I may need to try again with feeder closer to the creek. One neighbor/friend traps some occasonaly but he has a good deal of cattle with pastures.

Have shot and eaten many pigs from Texas. Something wrong with a woods' pig?

HogKillaDNR

Dig a hole and put sour corn in it. They will definitely find that for sure.

Heath

My farm (all trees) has very few pigs. I have had a few on camera and only seen live ones when I had a bow in hand no closer than 70 yds.

I even ran a feeder for a while trying to get some swine to show.....the pigs never found the feeder that was up a creek draw maybe 150-200 yds away.

I may need to try again with feeder closer to the creek. One neighbor/friend traps some occasonaly but he has a good deal of cattle with pastures.

Have shot and eaten many pigs from Texas. Something wrong with a woods' pig?

Not a thing in the world. Would rather eat them over a deer any day.

HogKillaDNR

Sounds like a winner, I would place hole in a different location that way you want get busted by the wind.

Ever seen what rubbing hogs can do to a tree? I've seen them rubbed down to raw wood. Seen photos of power poles in Texas rubbed to the point of needing replacement due to risk of snapping. Tree farms use tractors? Try driving through hog rooting safely.
Anyone who says they want hogs is an idiot.

JMO, but it should be a crime to promote or support feral hogs in any way.

Ihunt

Book a hunt with a thermal outfit, kill as many as you can, process them, fill your freezer, go to church on Sunday and give thanks that you do not have them!