PreTrib Rapture?

BANDERSNATCH

1) Jesus never mentions it
2) was never taught until 18th century
3) Jesus tells us that the angels will gather “after the tribulation”
4) Paul tells us there are only 3 resurrections in I Cor 15
5) Surely Jesus would have mentioned a “surprise” removal of billions of people from the earth BEFORE the tribulation? Lol
6) Martha understood that there would be a resurrection AT THE LAST DAY
7) do a search for “at the last day” in the NT and read the many verses

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
It’s definitely not something that’s there but the again but who am I to tell others what to believe! But we should all search the scriptures.

BANDERSNATCH

The problem comes when people are expecting to be removed before things get horrible and, when they get horrible and are still here, start doubting the Word

j_seph

It’s definitely not something that’s there but the again but who am I to tell others what to believe! But we should all search the scriptures.
If you are a Christian it is your job to tell the truth to others, espicaially Gods word. So if it ain't there and to say it is, that's rewriting the Word into a lie.

formula1

I see that as potentially an issue. But then again isn’t that a trust issue? In other words, why should circumstances and tribulations cause one to doubt ones faith? It does because God desires all to trust in Him and reach the place where He alone matters. All of us are likely in a different place along that walk with Him. As long as we choose to continue to walk towards Him I think we will be OK though!

BANDERSNATCH

I see that as potentially an issue. But then again isn’t that a trust issue? In other words, why should circumstances and tribulations cause one to doubt ones faith? It does because God desires all to trust in Him and reach the place where He alone matters. All of us are likely in a different place along that walk with Him. As long as we choose to continue to walk towards Him I think we will be OK though!

Corrie ten Boom asked preachers to stop teaching PreTrib rapture, as she was witnessing believers losing heart when hard times came. If you’re a believer in the PreTrib rapture, please please keep in mind that things could get very bad first, as it is in many parts of the world.

formula1

If you are a Christian it is your job to tell the truth to others, espicaially Gods word. So if it ain't there and to say it is, that's rewriting the Word into a lie.
I hear you but …
You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink!

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Absolutely. I think folks miss the forest for the trees sometimes. I know I do.

j_seph

I hear you but …
You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink!
Agree 100%, however you cannot lead a horse to quicksand and make him drink it while telling him it is water. Least if you take him to the water and said horse becomes humble and broken down with thirst he will be able to drink the water.

j_seph

The confusing part is we all know that what we believe is the truth.
Who determined that it was the truth to you when you read the bible? Was it a decision that you came up with or was it through prayer and asking God to show you and that he did. Not that you went through Google, Yahoo, Bing searching for information from someone else?

j_seph

Who determined that it was the truth to you when you read the bible? Was it a decision that you came up with or was it through prayer and asking God to show you and that he did. Not that you went through Google, Yahoo, Bing searching for information from someone else?
I mean if you pick up the bible and just start reading, it is no different than picking up where the red fern grows and reading it. It is just a book full of words without Gods guidance while reading.

BANDERSNATCH

I mean if you pick up the bible and just start reading, it is no different than picking up where the red fern grows and reading it. It is just a book full of words without Gods guidance while reading.

Amen. Many problems arise, too, when you only listen to men’s interpretations of it, and their theology. We should test what we hear, no matter who it’s from, or what letters come after their name.

You’ll never know of you are believing lies unless you test it:

Jer 16:19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.

Have we “inherited lies”?

Artfuldodger

How does one cast aside his own indoctrination to read the Bible with only input from the Holy Spirit? I mean we didn't find the Bible while on a deserted beach and start reading it like Where the Red Fern Grows.

How can we undo what our parents and Sunday School teachers have already instilled in our minds?

Artfuldodger

It still doesn't change the fact that what we believe is the truth.

No matter what they tell us
No matter what they do
No matter what they teach us
What we believe is true

Israel

BANNED
Amen. Many problems arise, too, when you only listen to men’s interpretations of it, and their theology. We should test what we hear, no matter who it’s from, or what letters come after their name.

You’ll never know of you are believing lies unless you test it:

Jer 16:19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.

Have we “inherited lies”?

That would be dependent upon whom we have called Father and whence comes the inheritance.

but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

j_seph

How does one cast aside his own indoctrination to read the Bible with only input from the Holy Spirit? I mean we didn't find the Bible while on a deserted beach and start reading it like Where the Red Fern Grows.

How can we undo what our parents and Sunday School teachers have already instilled in our minds?
Do you believe in a God who created the heavens and life? Do you believe when God told Moses to smote the rock he got water from it? Do you believe the walls of Jericho came down? Do you believe Jesus gave sight to the blind, made the lame to walk? This God who made all of this possible is the unchanged God today that he was then. Seek him and draw nigh and he will guide you and give the answers. Goes back to how our pastor can come in with the intentions of preaching in say Mark. By the time he makes it to the pulpit he is not in Mark but ends up in Acts and p;reaches for an hour, nothing written down nothing planned. God will lead and guide today just as 5000 years ago.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
The problem comes when people are expecting to be removed before things get horrible and, when they get horrible and are still here, start doubting the Word

That's a problem for sure, but then again, no matter which side of the debate one falls, a relationship with, and trust in God and not one's interpretation of scripture is the cure for this. If one has this, it doesn't matter how it transpires or what transpires.