The New ammo availability thread

Lilly001

I just saw sr primers at Chuck’s in Warner Robins. 14.99 per hundred.
I’d sell most of mine at that price.

Nimrod71

Someone has to be in desperate need to pay those kind of prices, kind of like the enemy is at the gate. I know demand is what is driving these kind of prices. If the demand wasn't there they would be cheaper. To me it is kind of like gas prices, the gas distributors raise the prices until sales drop off, this sets the sales price, the same with wal mart.

bullgator

Ammo prices are coming down now........hopefully components follow suit.

Last edited:

Rich M

I bought some small pistol primers from Midway last week or so for $75/1,000 + shipping + haz for about $100/1,000 to my door. The $99/1,000 price is about right.

Starting to see some stuff available and the prices are down a little.

Reactions: Dub

bullgator

I bought some small pistol primers from Midway last week or so for $75/1,000 + shipping + haz for about $100/1,000 to my door. The $99/1,000 price is about right.

Starting to see some stuff available and the prices are down a little.
Had them in my cart for $108 total. I decided to wait a little longer to see if availability/ prices improve. If they would have allowed more than one, I would likely have done it.

Rich M

Had them in my cart for $108 total. I decided to wait a little longer to see if availability/ prices improve. If they would have allowed more than one, I would likely have done it.

I'm supposed to be teaching a mid-50s yo lady how to reload and she has been able to get everything except primers. Figured it was worth it.

Jester896

Senior Clown

They canceled all BO for 5K boxes and are only breaking them to sell at the higher 1K prices...

Lilly001

They canceled all BO for 5K boxes and are only breaking them to sell at the higher 1K prices...
That’s in keeping with limiting sales to individuals while making the most profit.
I usually buy in bulk on line to mitigate the hazmat charges but with limited quantities that’s hard to do.

Rich M

I gotta ask how you were able to BO primers from Midway. They haven't been allowing back orders on much these days.

BO on primers musta been last year or even further back.

Dub

That was wrong for them to do. I agree totally.

Heck....Winchester announced a price increase effective immediately on whatever date it was....AND it applied to backorders, too.

OUCH.

I'm guessing that factored into pricing changes with the various 3rd party shops & online stores we are shopping with.

Tough times, folks.

The only alternative is to not shoot......and that's not an alternative I'm going to accept.

I'll keep eating cheap food so I can offset the cost of the pew-pew.