The Chosen

James12

Forgive me if asked or discussed here already…

What are you thoughts on this series?

I think it’s been an incredibly earnest attempt to share the story of Christ. It’s been a remarkable watch for me, personally.

jicard3

I think it’s been an incredibly earnest attempt to share the story of Christ. It’s been a remarkable watch for me, personally.

I agree. I am really enjoying it. I think they have done an amazing job of portraying Jesus Christ as a man, in a way that is relatable to our time. I saw the producer Dallas Jenkins on the Unashamed podcast, he talked about the weight he feels in trying to be as true to the Word as possible, and how much consulting he does with Bible scholars and historians. Listening to him, it seemed like the entire cast and crew have been very prayerful in their approach. I wish there was more like it on TV.

BANDERSNATCH

Love the series. I’ve watched most episodes many times. It is apparent that they are doing their best to appease Jews, Catholics and Evangelicals. For example, they are not showing Jesus’ siblings, but addressing Jewish Talmudic tradition.

My favorite episodes are Season 1 episodes 6 and 8. I love how Jesus ignores the Pharisee yelling at Him from the window in episode 6, and the exchange between Jesus and the Samaritan woman in episode 8 is AWESOME!

stringmusic

To Be Determined
Incredible series, can’t wait for season 3!

stringmusic

To Be Determined
I agree. I am really enjoying it. I think they have done an amazing job of portraying Jesus Christ as a man, in a way that is relatable to our time. I saw the producer Dallas Jenkins on the Unashamed podcast, he talked about the weight he feels in trying to be as true to the Word as possible, and how much consulting he does with Bible scholars and historians. Listening to him, it seemed like the entire cast and crew have been very prayerful in their approach. I wish there was more like it on TV.
I listen to unashamed every day! Great podcast.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)

It's awesome.

HuntDawg

I absolutely love this series and tell everyone I know to "Come and See". To see Jesus through the eyes of others has been incredible.

I am intrigued to see the handling of Judas.