Nick Saban says Alabama QB Bryce Young has signed nearly $1M worth of endorsement deals already

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Yeah, there's no way any of his teammates will become jealous. I see nothing but great things happening after allowing this. facepalm:

I'm happy for those guys being able to make some money, I just don't think this is the right way. How are the rest of the guys on the team going to feel, especially those not making any money at all?

nickel back

And while you can quibble with Saban's descriptor of Young's endorsement deals, you can't argue with why he's bragging about it. Texas is a huge recruiting ground for SEC schools. Spreading the word about the potential earning power at Alabama to top Texas coaches who will turn around and tell their best players what Saban said is a powerful recruiting tool. (copy and past) I agree @brownceluse

James12

Smart move on his part - adapt, as he always has… said, he hasn’t even played yet it speaks to our brand (always recruiting!!!)

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Saban was paying his players anyway!
::ke::rofl::rofl:

Says the team writing checks to the scheduling committee. Might as well just move to the ACC or BIG. Play a couple games per season. ::ke::rofl::rofl:

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Yeah, there's no way any of his teammates will become jealous. I see nothing but great things happening after allowing this. facepalm:

I'm happy for those guys being able to make some money, I just don't think this is the right way. How are the rest of the guys on the team going to feel, especially those not making any money at all?

Oh the big uglies blocking for him will feel just warm and fuzzy about this.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I don’t begrudge the young man his money but this is not good for the sport.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
How are the rest of the guys on the team going to feel, especially those not making any money at all?

If they were raised on participation trophies they will feel horrible.

If they were raised the right way they will be fine. They will work harder to earn their own endorsements.

It will be interesting to watch the big money boosters sign players to endorsement deals to get them on their teams.

GTMODawg

BANNED
I’d bet there ain’t an ounce of truth in it. Has he taken a snap??? Nearly a million for endorsements for a person who maybe 300k people would recognize the name and maybe 50k could pick out of a lineup is suspect. I’d bet Saban has never penned a million $ in endorsements in what, 19 days??? No doubt the dude has signed some deals but I’d bet he hasn’t seen much cash yet and the amounts will be based on performance. Sabans just lying to attract attention.

Madsnooker

I’d bet there ain’t an ounce of truth in it. Has he taken a snap??? Nearly a million for endorsements for a person who maybe 300k people would recognize the name and maybe 50k could pick out of a lineup is suspect. I’d bet Saban has never penned a million $ in endorsements in what, 19 days??? No doubt the dude has signed some deals but I’d bet he hasn’t seen much cash yet and the amounts will be based on performance. Sabans just lying to attract attention.

This is my assumption as well as soon as I heard he said it. Saban actually started by saying "our QB has already reached ungodly numbers". That was said as a recruiting shot across the bow of college football. There is no way a qb that hasn't started a game and isn't known by anyone other then avid college football fans would already be getting a million dollars in endorsements unless it is Bama boosters and even that doesn't make since because he is already on the team. Corporations aren't throwing money out like that either to an unknown commodity. That's not how that works.

I would be shocked if true. If it is true then college football is worse off then I thought.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
First let me say that there are no easy answers and I don't know what's going to happen.
The NCAA created this monster with their overwhelming greed and totalitarian rules. Now, the players are going to test that monster and see what they can get out of it. The NCAA has no one to blame but themselves. Had they been more forthcoming over all these years, things might have been different.
Good luck to Bryce Young in these untested waters!

Last edited:

GTMODawg

BANNED
Haters can hate on Saban all they want. Nic is not going to make a media statement that can be defrauded easily and hurt his program. Young did it just like any sharp private company he hired a media firm to market him. They get a cut in these deals, so not all that quoted money is his to keep.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/...ung-signs-with-agent-for-marketing-deals.html

No one is doubting he has signed with an agent. A heaping pile of players have. The money details are not public information…..there is no way to confirm or prove false the amount of money because that is a private matter between the two parties and it wouldn’t benefit either for those details to be made public.

I would also bet that Saban has NO idea what the minutiae of those deals consist of including money….because why would he? It’s none of his concern. His insinuating it is his concern will backfire. Who in the world wants anyone meddling in their private business affairs to that degree? Considering how many of these kids already have family members giving them bad advice because the family member wants their piece of the pie it’s easy to see lots of kids being steered away from Saban and his meddling ways. If I were a coach I would never mention it and allow boosters to do what they have always done……it’s too fraught yet to be wading in as Saban has…..

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member