Rut Roh SEC: OU & Horns Crashin the Party

kingfish

Supposedly the soonest this would happen is 2025 because of TV contracts and all that's involved with that. Also heard that they would move Bama and Auburn to the east division and put Texas and Oklahoma in the west. There was also talk of removing Vandy and Kentucky to other conferences. All this was heard on sports talk radio so I always question the validity. Could be interesting !!!

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Supposedly the soonest this would happen is 2025 because of TV contracts and all that's involved with that. Also heard that they would move Bama and Auburn to the east division and put Texas and Oklahoma in the west. There was also talk of removing Vandy and Kentucky to other conferences. All this was heard on sports talk radio so I always question the validity. Could be interesting !!!
Dawgs would die if that happened

Madsnooker

All that might be true except vandy and Kentucky aren't going anywhere. No way that would happen.

BuckNasty83

Hard to see letting Texas in, but the new divisions would be crazy. Id imagine Auburn and Bama would slide into the Eastern division and Texas, Oklahoma to the west.

I like this much better than aTm and Missouri. Missouri never made sense from a geographical standpoint, but neither does Tx and Ok.

4-20 team super conference will be the future

MCBUCK

UK and Vandy are both charter members From the original group; they ain’t going anywhere. Their tenure gives them much more say so in the conference than you may think. Besides, the conference wouldn’t let Vandy take those academic credentials away.
Bama & Barn will move to the east as predicted. Mizzou moves west to balance.
Saw this map earlier and I agree this is what we probably will be moving forward:
780C7F42-C623-4024-A1EC-D3B5EB12AF8B.jpeg

CroMagnum

UK and Vandy are both charter members From the original group; they ain’t going anywhere. Their tenure gives them much more say so in the conference than you may think. Besides, the conference wouldn’t let Vandy take those academic credentials away.
Bama & Barn will move to the east as predicted. Mizzou moves west to balance.
Saw this map earlier and I agree this is what we probably will be moving forward:
View attachment 1092383
I've never thought Mizzou made any sense and even less so now if OU and the Longhorns come into the fold

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I don't want either of them in the conference, especially Texas. I tried to talk college football with Texas fans on one of their boards during our sugar bowl matchup, and they were some of the most foul fans I've ever been around. They were hoping Bevo would kill UGA, and he almost did. They were also wishing bad things to happen to our players during the game. Apparently, they could say anything on that board, and they did. Myself and a handful of other Dawg fans were treated pretty rough, and I was even banned after a handful of posts for simply saying GO DAWGS after we did something good in the game. I was warned not to say that again, but after what all I read them sick punks saying, I was leaving any way. I don't mind joking and all, but those idiots went too far. And there were a bunch of them on there. I know these idiots don't represent the majority of their fan base, at least I hope not. Still, I don't want them in the SEC. We have a pretty good thing working now. Let's not screw things up.

And if we do have to expand the conference, get teams from the southeast, for crying out loud!

MCBUCK

This! This is the article that speaks loudly the reasons Texas is reviled. Is this the type mentality we would welcome in the SEC ?!? How arrogant can any fan base be?!?

“Yes, we need conference brethren. But they need us (and Oklahoma) more than we need them. A package deal of Texas and Oklahoma, just the two, would make every conference in the country snap to attention and light up the phone lines. We are the IT factor. As Reggie Jackson famously said, "We are the straw that stirs the drink." We should not accept, or support, conference members, or prospective members, that have a smaller reach, fewer resources, than we do – simply because it makes sense on the map.”

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I don't want either of them in the conference, especially Texas. I tried to talk college football with Texas fans on one of their boards during our sugar bowl matchup, and they were some of the most foul fans I've ever been around. They were hoping Bevo would kill UGA, and he almost did. They were also wishing bad things to happen to our players during the game. Apparently, they could say anything on that board, and they did. Myself and a handful of other Dawg fans were treated pretty rough, and I was even banned after a handful of posts for simply saying GO DAWGS after we did something good in the game. I was warned not to say that again, but after what all I read them sick punks saying, I was leaving any way. I don't mind joking and all, but those idiots went too far. And there were a bunch of them on there. I know these idiots don't represent the majority of their fan base, at least I hope not. Still, I don't want them in the SEC. We have a pretty good thing working now. Let's not screw things up.

And if we do have to expand the conference, get teams from the southeast, for crying out loud!
Well I’ve been told this was a UGA only forum and other teams weren’t allowed

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
If Texas & Oklahoma join why in the world would you not let GA Tech in also??

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
This! This is the article that speaks loudly the reasons Texas is reviled. Is this the type mentality we would welcome in the SEC ?!? How arrogant can any fan base be?!?

“Yes, we need conference brethren. But they need us (and Oklahoma) more than we need them. A package deal of Texas and Oklahoma, just the two, would make every conference in the country snap to attention and light up the phone lines. We are the IT factor. As Reggie Jackson famously said, "We are the straw that stirs the drink." We should not accept, or support, conference members, or prospective members, that have a smaller reach, fewer resources, than we do – simply because it makes sense on the map.”
Lol they’re as delusional as Tennessee fans. Make them and Tennessee play every year If they join.

MCBUCK

I love Barners! 3-13 ya know.

FootLongDawg

Oh its going to happen, and a lot quicker than 2025. Expect an announcement within in a month. Implementation may take till then, but both schools want recruits to know they will be joining the SEC. Coaches and AD's in other conferences are seeing their best players transfering to the SEC in droves. Texas and OU may not have a lot of transfers, but they see the trends. Plus, follow the money. SEC schools got a staggering amount of yearly payouts compared to the other conferences. Its going to happen folks.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Dear sweet baby Jesus
Please put auburn and Alabama in the sec east and Texas and okra homer in the west

Amen

MCBUCK

I remember hearing that about a&m and Missouri. I would say they have done just fine compared to their days in the big12. Heck Missouri won the east 2 out of tve first 3 seasons in the sec. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

A&M has never won the west. Had a few decent seasons but not until now have they been a threat. A&M was about .500 in conference since 2012 until last year. Mizzou won the east with two of the best teams they had in 10-15 years against two very down years in the east and took a shellacking in the SECCG both times. They haven’t had a sturdy showing since. So maybe not as stupas you think.