Saban clears air on MIA departure

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Yeah from what I can tell most nfl teams the coach doesn’t get to make the final decisions it’s the big wigs in the head office. No wonder so many leave and come back to college football

o2bfishin

Hogwash. If he wanted Brees as bad as he says, he could've had team docs get with his surgeon Dr James Andrews (who said he was fine to play) and cleared it up. It is an excuse for poor results when dealing with an opponent with very close to the same talent level.

buckpasser

Hogwash. If he wanted Brees as bad as he says, he could've had team docs get with his surgeon Dr James Andrews (who said he was fine to play) and cleared it up. It is an excuse for poor results when dealing with an opponent with very close to the same talent level.

Ok.

o2bfishin

What is your take? If I remember correctly when miami hired him full control was part of his deal. If he wanted brees as bad as he says, surely the doc that did the surgery had better insight than the team docs. He got swept off his feet by culpepper bombs to moss. Now years later trying to save face. I don't get it, he is the best to do it in college, who cares that he failed in the NFL. Blaming team docs is a bad look, in my opinion.

o2bfishin

Saban was a failure as an NFL coach. Just like Spurrier. That’s why both of them left the NFL. Had nothing to do Brees failing a physical. He went back to what he was best at.

Remember how on fire Spurrier's offense was for about two or three games? Once defenses got some tape and adjusted that was it. Poor QB about got killed.

BamaGeorgialine

I read a book on Saban and it was saying that he never wanted to leave the Dolphins. Mal Moore (Bamas AD at the time) sat in front of his house after Saban turned him down and waited until his wife Terry got home so he could talk to her alone and that she was the one calling the shots. Don't know, wasn't there. I do believe that he has one boss and it's her. Think about if you owned a team and you paid professional doctors to evaluate a player and they said the player is damaged goods, would you go against their words? More than likely not. He might have sucked even worse if he had stayed with the Dolphins. Who knows? Not any of us. Either way, thank goodness for those doctors misevaluation. I'm sure the Saints say the same thing

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
I read a book on Saban and it was saying that he never wanted to leave the Dolphins. Mal Moore (Bamas AD at the time) sat in front of his house after Saban turned him down and waited until his wife Terry got home so he could talk to her alone and that she was the one calling the shots. Don't know, wasn't there. I do believe that he has one boss and it's her. Think about if you owned a team and you paid professional doctors to evaluate a player and they said the player is damaged goods, would you go against their words? More than likely not. He might have sucked even worse if he had stayed with the Dolphins. Who knows? Not any of us. Either way, thank goodness for those doctors misevaluation. I'm sure the Saints say the same thing
I would have gotten a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th opinion but in the end he made the right decision NOBODY can argue with that!

So what he failed or quit the NFL who cares???
He's the GOAT in CFB!