Seminole Co. Ramblings

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Didn't want to risk getting caught out on the lake in a thunderstorm. But it didn't start raining until 3:30 PM. It's a long run from our dock to where I want to fish. Those shellcrackers will just have to wait. Spent the morning redoing some of the tackle, cleaning the boat up a bit, and covering all the seats from the sun. There was a huge brown water snake at the dock, trying to get up into the pontoon boat. It didn't make it, the toons were too smooth for him.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Rain, rain, since 3:30 and still raining here at 10:53

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lake Seminole, the lake is rising, already up about 4 inches today so far. One more inch and I'll need to take my top down to get under the bridge. Light rain continues. Had one heavy thunderstorm earlier.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Mote rain headed south east some places getting hammered

Had a decent rain on the north side of Seminole this afternoon. Lots of thunder. This weather everyday is messing up my fishing. As of July 1, this is what can be found at Reynolds landing, Sealys landing, and probably at Cummins landing at the end of highway 39. Considering all the money our government waste, They still say they need money to keep these landings up. I ain't buying it.

Attachments

• Reynoldslanding.jpg
    Reynoldslanding.jpg
    378.6 KB · Views: 21

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Now I'm wondering where the bass tournaments will move to?

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
It's been a rainy day in SW Georgia at Lake Seminole.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Hot and humid, humidity makes it feel like 101. Chance of rain, popup showers. Lake level is up a bit. Too hot for me to be fishing.

Attachments

• cleaning.jpg
    cleaning.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 20

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lake Seminole is high today. To go out fish pond drain, I'll have to let the top down to get under the island bridge. Hard to spot stumps when it's this high. Might just stay home.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Just checked the lake level at the Cypress Pond landing. The water is touching the bottom of the dock. Lake Seminole

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Noticed this afternoon, Lake Seminole water level is dropping. Saw some huge inboard boats come by the dock this afternoon. Bet it was a tight squeeze for em in the narrow channels the Corp hasn't clear since the hurricane in 2018.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Bass fished for a couple hours this afternoon. Two bites, caught one and released. Didn't go far from the dock, had some threatening clouds coming in. Rained most of the day.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lake Seminole level is dropping slowly. Down about a foot from last week. Here it is, Friday again. Went fishing this morning, found bream beds. Came out for lunch and to buy crickets. Went back, caught three bream then a storm ran us off the lake. It turned out to be all wind, thunder and lightening. Light rain.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
We had a good rain up spring creek.

Saw it, we were over that way, but hauled butt west to fish pond drain to get back to the Cypress Pond area, and then to my dock.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Electrified carp gate coming out of Cypress Pond run. Lights are on, but I haven't seen any carp released yet. Bream are on the bed in the big lake, I caught some large catfish 4 to 5 pounds, but lost two that went over ten.

Attachments

• Jul2521.jpg
    Jul2521.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 13

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Last time out fishing was last weekend. While trying to fish, I got to watch the bass boat races every ten minutes or so. Don't know who won, or where they were going in such a hurry. But glad they missed all the stumps and didn't swamp me.

Bear10

Bass fishing should be slowing down in this hot weather, probably a good time to try night fishing off the dock.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Went out in the lake just before lunch, came back in around 3:45, storm ran us out. Got into large channel cats on the bed. Using light tackle, lost several that the tackle couldn't handle. Caught six, largest little over five pounds, full of eggs. They are in hydrilla in six feet of water. Hope to go back tomorrow for more. I will take my bass tackle tomorrow if weather permits.

Attachments

• aug1 .jpg
    aug1 .jpg
    423.4 KB · Views: 14
  • aug1b .jpg
    aug1b .jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 14