The trip has not disappointed

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Good deal!

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Looks like an excellent trip your having. Going to be rough going back to the heat and humidity of Florida though.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
These photos are awesome! May I ask where you went? I would love to surprise my bf and drive up there for like a four day weekend! Any suggestions would be appreciated for Georgia!
Most people will give you the combination to their safe and the secret to seducing their wife before they will name a good speck creek on the internet, because it will then be forevermore crowded and ruined. It isn't done by anyone with any sense, because good speck streams are few and far between, and easily over pressured.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Most people will give you the combination to their safe and the secret to seducing their wife before they will name a good speck creek on the internet, because it will then be forevermore crowded and ruined. It isn't done by anyone with any sense, because good speck streams are few and far between, and easily over pressured.
Haha...so true! To follow up with that, NC has some of the best resources available to aid in planning trips. Our success is proof of that.

LOL! Well that is fine, but if you ever want to know some good spots in Pensacola Florida message me. I think there's enough fish out here for everyone! :love:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
LOL! Well that is fine, but if you ever want to know some good spots in Pensacola Florida message me. I think there's enough fish out here for everyone! :love:
There is a big difference between the ocean and a small creek that you can jump across that can only support a limited number of small fish that are a rare and threatened species. There honestly aren't enough native brook trout for everyone, sadly. They have been driven by industrial logging, development, and introduction of non-native trout back into tiny, fragile headwater streams that are isolated from each other, and are also suffering from acid deposition and a host of other problems. They require pristine, clean water without other fish species in it to survive, and the isolated populations that have no way of connecting are also suffering from lack of genetic diversity. So, it's not greediness-it's love of the fish and a conservation mindset that leads people to want to protect the very few populations of native brook trout that still exist in our southern Appalachians. In all seriousness, one good fisherman could about destroy one of these fisheries in one season if he was greedy.