Texas & Oklahoma Are Bullies!

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
From the DawgNation article.
“These are two schools that have their whole lives been the top dog of wherever they have been: Southwest Conference, Big 8 and together in the Big 12,” Tramel noted. “And they have been able to ramrod a conference with whatever type of policies they wanted to push through.

“That turned off some people. turned off Texas A&M, it turned off Nebraska, and they know it’s not going to be that way in the SEC.”

So, we're letting in a couple of lovebirds, who are also bullies? Alrighty, then! Let's be sure to put them in the same division. Wouldn't want them to have a hissy fit! :bounce:

OU & UT.jpg

lampern

I'm going to laugh if Texas and Oklahoma start winning in SEC football.

You better hope Texas and OU only beat Vanderbilt, Mizzou and Arkansas and no one else.

Would be embarrassing for folks who do not want them.

Silver Britches

I'm going to laugh if Texas and Oklahoma start winning in SEC football.

You better hope Texas and OU only beat Vanderbilt, Mizzou and Arkansas and no one else.

Would be embarrassing for folks who do not want them.

It would suck, for sure! :bounce: I just think allowing them in is bad for college football as a whole. Why can't they work on improving things in their own conference? facepalm:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
It would suck, for sure! :bounce: I just think allowing them in is bad for college football as a whole. Why can't they work on improving things in their own conference? facepalm:

I don’t disagree with you but how are they different from Arkansas or Mizzou who have both been in conference with those teams?

lampern

LOL

Yeah improve things (football wise) in a conference with schools like Iowa State, WVU and Texas Tech.

Not going to happen. Even if you brought in BYU (to the Big 12)

I think bringing in UT and OU is a better move than bringing in Mizzou (to the SEC)

But UT and OU might get exposed now the competition is a step up (exluding the usual UT, Vandy, Arkansas, ect)

Last edited:

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Poor Auburn. They are going to suffer more then any other team in the SEC.

Silver Britches

I don’t disagree with you but how are they different from Arkansas or Mizzou who have both been in conference with those teams?
Heck, I didn't want them in the conference either. They're better programs than Arky and Mizzou, at least as of late.

And I know it's a done deal, but us fans still don't have to like it.

Silver Britches

LOL

Yeah improve things (football wise) in a conference with schools like Iowa State, WVU and Texas Tech.

Not going to happen. Even if you brought in BYU (to the Big 12)

I think bringing in UT and OU is a better move than bringing in Mizzou (to the SEC)

But UT and OU might get exposed now the competition is a step up (exluding the usual UT, Vandy, Arkansas, ect)
It's not our fault their conference sucks. Well, I guess it kind of is. :bounce: They could've found some teams willing to join their conference to help improve things a little, I'm sure of it. Maybe not big money teams, but quality programs. Surely there are other teams out there looking for a change. And allowing Mizzou in the conference was dumb too. The SEC wanted that TV market. That's all that was. Another money grab. It's all a part of the SEC's big plan to run the sport of college football. The SEC having all these great storied programs, gives them a huge advantage at the bargaining table when it comes to broadcast rights. And that will be a load of additional money for the conference. Super conferences are coming.

MCBUCK

I think Texas and Oklahoma will do just fine in the SEC

Oklahoma will fit, culturally and athletically, but Texas is a square peg trying to wedge into a round hole. It’s a “hippie” school. Very very liberal. Austin is not reflection the rest of the state of Texas. And yes, Texas is a bully administratively, ie: horns down. The arrogance coming out of Austin right now is incredible. Horn fans believe they will come into the SEC and downright dominate right away. I saw a while Twitter thread dedicated to the 18’ Sugar Bowl; they are literally basing their future performance on a game against an uninspired, unmotivated, depleted, UGA squad. Will tu compete in the possible new SEC west?
IF.....they get what they want and push through a 2022 admission here’s what I could easily see for them
8-4 maybe 7-5

Possible losses to

Oklahoma
LSU
Ol Miss
A&M
LSU

maybe a cross over loss to
Bama
UGA
Florida

Texas just isn’t on the same level right now. Oklahoma is on par with the upper echelon SEC and could compete right away ....if they get some defense.

DannyW

I think adding TX and OK just makes the SEC stronger, and eliminates ANY doubt that the SEC is the toughest conference in the nation.

Look at the past 20 years. Both TX (2005) and OK (2000) have won national championships, and between them they have won 15 out of the last 20 Big12 championships.

Texas record over the last 20 years is 188-79. They have finished in the top 20 of the AP final poll 13 out of 20 seasons.

Oklahoma record over the last 20 years is 228-51. They have finished in the TOP 10 of the AP final poll 15 out of the last 20 years.

They will be fine, the SEC will be fine, and it all but guarantees that the National Champion will have to pass through an SEC school.

bullgator

The biggest beneficiaries are those two schools and the SEC suits. The losers are the established SEC programs and our long standing fan bases.

Texas will be the biggest winner. Their recruiting will skyrocket at the expense of other SEC schools. Up til now, a 4-5 star who wanted to take his skills to the SEC had to choose to move considerably far from home, or choose A&M. Those same players, and Texas has a ton of them, can now stay and play for the preferred home team and get the SEC exposure they crave. Those few that don’t care for TU will have the option of Oklahoma. LSU, A&M, and Bama may be the biggest losers.

lampern

SEC considering their request to join SEC in 2025

So it would be 2025 when they join?

Last edited:

brownceluse

The biggest beneficiaries are those two schools and the SEC suits. The losers are the established SEC programs and our long standing fan bases.

Texas will be the biggest winner. Their recruiting will skyrocket at the expense of other SEC schools. Up til now, a 4-5 star who wanted to take his skills to the SEC had to choose to move considerably far from home, or choose A&M. Those same players, and Texas has a ton of them, can now stay and play for the preferred home team and get the SEC exposure they crave. Those few that don’t care for TU will have the option of Oklahoma. LSU, A&M, and Bama may be the biggest losers.
Great point on recruiting. I would think both teams see the benefit of recruiting but Texas would be the biggest winner with recruiting.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw

Nobody gonna want to play for the dawgs !! Boo hoo!

bullgator

Great point on recruiting. I would think both teams see the benefit of recruiting but Texas would be the biggest winner with recruiting.
The overall effect will be a dissolution of league talent by spreading it more thinly (exception Texas). That’s why I think teams like OSU and Clemson will benefit from a NC perspective.