Your best Ga buck !

Gator89

Baldwin County October 2018. Picture taken on the big rock at Cripple Processors, rest in peace Mr. Harrell.

45409989_1898802610156026_4787158986069639168_n.jpg

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I've got some other fair ones, but this is my best, especially considering my 2 young boys had just gotten into the back of the pickup in a clear cut after a a boring and unsuccessful blind sit.. I can still hear their "Yesss" and "You got him dad, you got him!" Their 1st morning ever going with me.

all good.jpg
It's my only shoulder mount... In order to prolong our memories...

20210712_212529.jpg

Take a kid hunting and good things will happen!

Blackston

I do have a fine Georgia buck on my wall I thought I’d share. I did not take him. I’ve never scored him but he’s up there. He’s so old he’s on his second mount and it’s getting long in the tooth. Taken at least 50 years ago.

View attachment 1094115
I’d like to hear the story of this deer ?

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I do have a fine Georgia buck on my wall I thought I’d share. I did not take him. I’ve never scored him but he’s up there. He’s so old he’s on his second mount and it’s getting long in the tooth. Taken at least 50 years ago.

View attachment 1094115
Close if not book material . What a beautiful buck , did a relative kill him .

Timberman

me too, whats the story?

Not much to it. A long time friend of mine in the hunting/timber biz had it. It had hung over a fireplace for years and heat and time had ruined the mount. He knew I liked big antlers so he gifted it to me when I built my first house over 20 years ago. I remounted it and hung it. From what we know it came out of Morgan county in the late 60’s early 70’s.

Last edited:

chrislibby88

Thought maybe this would be a good thread to help pass some of this summer heat . Share a picture or story or both of your best Ga buck, or just one you’re proud of . Most of y’all have seen mine but I like sharing ? Coffee co.View attachment 1093820View attachment 1093821
What a beast! I’m counting 13 points including the two kickers, is that right? Very cool how symmetrical those kicker points are.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
What a beast! I’m counting 13 points including the two kickers, is that right? Very cool how symmetrical those kicker points are.
Yes you are right , I love the kickers also . But the deductions from them cost me a new rifle and a chance in the truck buck shootout . I got beat by 1 7/8 . The old geezer that beat me missed the first target .He’s #12 in the county

Lilly001

Not near the biggest. But he has a long story.
Short version, getting dark last day of season. He runs in front of me without any warning. Trailed for 4 hour through a pond, twice. Ended up 50 yds from the cabin of a great friend who just passed this week.
Priceless.

Attachments

• 91DA8E3F-1D7D-47C8-A3A1-1C5FBEB8B7F0.jpeg
    91DA8E3F-1D7D-47C8-A3A1-1C5FBEB8B7F0.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 31