Garand thieves

Halfcock

I’m fed up with people buying CMP Garands for the purpose of turning around and selling them for 100% profit. The mission of the CMP was not to enrich the pockets of scalpers. Right now hundreds of dedicated garand lovers are waiting for their garand while the CMP is 3-4 months behind on deliveries with limits put on the number of garand purchased. In the meantime these scum are taking up allocated Garands to to a quick buck. I see this happening right now on the GON sales site.
What do you other garand lovers think?

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I’m fed up with people buying CMP Garands for the purpose of turning around and selling them for 100% profit. The mission of the CMP was not to enrich the pockets of scalpers. Right now hundreds of dedicated garand lovers are waiting for their garand while the CMP is 3-4 months behind on deliveries with limits put on the number of garand purchased. In the meantime these scum are taking up allocated Garands to to a quick buck. I see this happening right now on the GON sales site.
What do you other garand lovers think?
Some folks will say it's supply and demand but in truth it's supply and artificial demand and it's just old fashioned greed, plain and simple.
It's no different than if a guy in your town had the ability to buy every gallon of milk, every drop of beer, and every bottle of liquor in your area before it hit the shelves and put it in his store at usurious prices knowing that you have to buy from him because driving to another town would cost too much and be too difficult.

Lilly001

Welcome to our little forum.
Did you join just to complain about the “Garand thieves “?
Or are you planning to sit and chew the fat on other issues?
If the former……….
If the latter, welcome.

Reactions: Dub

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I bought 10 Garands through the years from the CMP. Sold 2 at a nice profit... Does that make me scum to?

What about the thousands of rounds of M2 Ball I bought for pennies at the same time? I could make a small fortune off it if I wanted to. But I prefer to shoot it.

People doesn't think capitalism be like it do, but it do.

Halfcock

I’m talking about people that buy solely for the profit. I have many rounds also. Could have made a good profit to sell at the inflated prices over the last year. I too shoot competition so the ammunition is used.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I bought 10 Garands through the years from the CMP. Sold 2 at a nice profit... Does that make me scum to?

What about the thousands of rounds of M2 Ball I bought for pennies at the same time? I could make a small fortune off it if I wanted to. But I prefer to shoot it.

People doesn't think capitalism be like it do, but it do.
I would say no, not at all. You aren't a backdoor gun dealer using the CMP as a supply house. You are a shooter and are an example of what the CMP was created for in the first place. From the CMP website:
The Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) is a national organization dedicated to training and educating U. S. citizens in responsible uses of firearms and airguns through gun safety training, marksmanship training and competitions. The CMP is a federally chartered 501(c)(3) corporation that places its highest priority on serving youth through gun safety and marksmanship activities that encourage personal growth and build life skills.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
FYI...if you are a Veteran, satisfies all the requirements to purchase from the CMP.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I’m a veteran. Still had to join a qualified club. Join garan collectors association for $25.

All I had to do was send a copy of my DD-214 to the CMP. Of course this was 25 years ago.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
CMP is just a shadow of it former glory. I miss the $70 cans of M2 Ball.

Halfcock

They still work hard to provide competitive shooting sports. I want to go over to Talledega to see the new range.

bullgator

They still work hard to provide competitive shooting sports. I want to go over to Talledega to see the new range.
I went to Anniston in 2015 and bought two Garands. I ended up selling one to a good friend for what paid for it. His comment to me at the time was “I have new respect for those guys in WWII if they had to lug this thing around”. I smiled because my dad did just that.
The CMP range is sweet.
754E8FC3-C293-4058-89DC-20AC770C92D5.jpegB099646D-8D8D-4E81-BCA5-7E43A31DD1EB.jpeg

ChidJ

I’m kinda meh on it. The real thieves are the government. There are 100s of thousands of guns they just destroy rather than sell to the people. Smelt em down, grind em up, throw em to the bottom of the ocean. These are guns that our tax dollars were used to buy, build or capture. Guns we would pay good money for.

There are entire TV networks based on “flipping”. Guns aren’t specially excluded from the “flippable” category. They are super cool, highly collectible, and will hold their value forever. Nobody can stop “enterprising” individuals from capitalizing on these facts. If they did, it would be so much work, the price would go up anyways.

If someone really wants a Garand, they’ll figure out how to get one. A man driven can afford anything he wants.

I hope you get one or ten soon

WaltL1

The sad truth is.....if people werent willing to pay stupid prices they couldnt resell them for stupid prices.
I love my Garand and it aint going nowhere but to the range with me.