ESPN releases preseason SOS

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
I will say this....the SEC is the best conference by far but when Clemson and tOSU have played against the SEC they have held their own!

They may not always win but they do come to fight and that my friends is why I love CFB!

I hope all conferences have a great season and no player gets seriously hurt!

Y'all just get ready to hand that Natty over to UGA at the end of the season!

GO Dawgs

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Lol maybe I missed your point?

You sure did. That being said, yes, for the first time in a long time we got a cupcake schedule, except of course for the Barn and the Gators. I hope we take advantage of that. I won't be surprised if we don't.

The thing is in the SEC even a team like Vandy has a shot at an upset win over a team like Bama and that's true up and down the list of teams in the SEC. Sure it's rare but it happens. The B1G is OSU and a homecoming queen court. The SEC is Bama and a homecoming queen court. The difference is our homecoming queen court is a lot stronger than the one in the B1G.

Madsnooker

You sure did. That being said, yes, for the first time in a long time we got a cupcake schedule, except of course for the Barn and the Gators. I hope we take advantage of that. I won't be surprised if we don't.

The thing is in the SEC even a team like Vandy has a shot at an upset win over a team like Bama and that's true up and down the list of teams in the SEC. Sure it's rare but it happens. The B1G is OSU and a homecoming queen court. The SEC is Bama and a homecoming queen court. The difference is our homecoming queen court is a lot stronger than the one in the B1G.

No I didn't miss his point I was just being nice.lol His point that any schedule in the SEC was a snot buster every game was quickly proven wrong.

and No, Vandy doesn't have a shot to upset Bama. CMON MAN!!!!!:rofl: your one of my favorite posters here for many reasons but I will just overlook that statement and give you a pass today. :cheers:

As for Bama, there are maybe 5 teams that "Could" upset Bama in the SEC and there are about 4 that "Could" upset OSU in the BIG.

Vandy could beat Bama........10098408.gif

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
and No, Vandy doesn't have a shot to upset Bama. CMON MAN!!!!!:rofl: your one of my favorite posters here for many reasons but I will just overlook that statement and give you a pass today. :cheers:

People say Vandy doesn't have a shot at beating Bama until Vandy beats Bama. Didn't say it would happen this year. I said it can happen. The SEC history is full of big upsets like that.

Anybody remember "Punt Bama Punt!"?

Madsnooker

People say Vandy doesn't have a shot at beating Bama until Vandy beats Bama. Didn't say it would happen this year. I said it can happen. The SEC history is full of big upsets like that.

Well based on that criteria and not actual talent level on the field every team in the Big does have a shot to beat OSU. Big history is full of major upsets as well. Heck I just saw an average Iowa team pound a loaded Meyer coached OSU team 4 or 5 years ago. Of course as soon as I saw the story with the terminally sick boy just before the game, and was not expected to live more then a week or 2 longer and his wish was just to see Iowa win that game, I knew OSU was screwed. To this day I still can't believe that game. Was truly happy for that boy though. I actually shed tear when they showed him after that game. That was pure college football in the face of horrible circumstances.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Well based on that criteria and not actual talent level on the field every team in the Big does have a shot to beat OSU. Big history is full of major upsets as well. Heck I just saw an average Iowa team pound a loaded Meyer coached OSU team 4 or 5 years ago. Of course as soon as I saw the story with the terminally sick boy just before the game, and was not expected to live more then a week or 2 longer and his wish was just to see Iowa win that game, I knew OSU was screwed. To this day I still can't believe that game. Was truly happy for that boy though. I actually shed tear when they showed him after that game. That was pure college football in the face of horrible circumstances.

Yes it was and it goes to prove my point. That's what makes Saturday in the Fall so special.:wink:

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Purdue 2018. I had a bad feeling about that game and nearly picked Purdue in the pickums. They had a great offense that year.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**

Surely your not referring to Ga state beating 10errC?

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
And them auburn turned around a couple of weeks later and beat Perdue like a red headed step child
63-14
I believe the kid was at that game too

bullgator

Bump

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I hope it is a joke of a prediction as my Huskers are at #15 and Scott Frost needs a winning season.

GTMODawg

BANNED
I will say this....the SEC is the best conference by far but when Clemson and tOSU have played against the SEC they have held their own!

They may not always win but they do come to fight and that my friends is why I love CFB!

I hope all conferences have a great season and no player gets seriously hurt!

Y'all just get ready to hand that Natty over to UGA at the end of the season!

GO Dawgs

Ohio State is 5-12-1 all time against SEC Teams. 27%

Clem's son is 56-99-5 (35%) with about 35% of those wins against South Carolina.

thats a whopping 35% winning edge for OSU and Auburn with a lake against the SEC. If that is holding one's own the question is begged...what of ones's own is one holding????

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
Ohio State is 5-12-1 all time against SEC Teams. 27%

Clem's son is 56-99-5 (35%) with about 35% of those wins against South Carolina.

thats a whopping 35% winning edge for OSU and Auburn with a lake against the SEC. If that is holding one's own the question is begged...what of ones's own is one holding????
I'm not saying they are destroying the SEC but they do come to play.
I'm not really concerned about %!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Let's pump the breaks there, Ol' Top.

Nope let's not because it's true. I didn't say Vandy would beat Bama I said they had a shot at it and that's true of every SEC team. The conference's history is chock full earth shaking upsets. Possibility often times becomes probability.

Gold Ranger

Nope let's not because it's true. I didn't say Vandy would beat Bama I said they had a shot at it and that's true of every SEC team. The conference's history is chock full earth shaking upsets. Possibility often times becomes probability.

That's true of every conference. If Bama was in the ACC, you could say the same about Wake Forest. Eventually Bama will fall off enought to lose to Vandy, but Vandy will never beat a Bama who is on top of their game.

FSU is a prime example of this.