Did You Buy A Gun Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dub

Will do… it is a long term project. I won’t shoot it for a while. I plan to get some nice glass for it. Right now I am looking for a rail (20 MoA) and pick the right rings (30mm). Any suggestions are welcome. I am kinda out of my element, the purpose is elk in high country horseback and long stalks. I got another year earliest.

Check out the Spuhr mounts in stock at Mile High Shooting.

They have some cerakoted that may work...even though the standard models will look super.

Mighty sexy rifle you added there.

Will be an accurate performer fo shizzle'.....with lots of sizzle.

giphy-3.gif

01Foreman400

Staff member
Will do… it is a long term project. I won’t shoot it for a while. I plan to get some nice glass for it. Right now I am looking for a rail (20 MoA) and pick the right rings (30mm). Any suggestions are welcome. I am kinda out of my element, the purpose is elk in high country horseback and long stalks. I got another year earliest.

Seekins rings are my favorite. As far as a base Warne makes a great bases at a very reasonable price. As far as glass it really all depends on what size and range of power scope you’re looking for.

Reactions: Dub

pacecars

I wouldn’t put a 30mm on a lightweight rifle like that. I may be weird but the perfect scope for that rifle, if it were mine, would be a 6x42 Leupold in lightweight Talley mounts

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I didn`t buy a gun today but I traded for one. Traded a 12 foot flat bed trailer made from a rotted out camper about 10 years ago for a Remington 700 7mm mag and he threw in $200 boot. I will end up trading all of it towards a Henry 308 Long Ranger lever action.
gun.jpg

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Seekins rings are my favorite. As far as a base Warne makes a great bases at a very reasonable price. As far as glass it really all depends on what size and range of power scope you’re looking for.
01Foreman400, thanks for the suggestions for mount and rings. I was thinking of getting a VX-6HD 3-18x44 TMOA for the Christiansen. It is 30mm. Would you recommend another Leupold? Guide says He recommends at least 16x and also said, some close shots possible. And protect from grizz (why I don’t want too high on low range) Average shot is 300yards but lots of 400 and a few further.
I bought the lightweight rifle because of the high alt carry, but I am not in bad shape, so I don’t mind a little heavy scope if it will help me hit… the guide told me he though a 44mm up front was fine. He was a fan of CDS. What do you think? Am I in the right ball park with a 30mm VX 6?

Aluminum rings and base?

Thank you Harry

01Foreman400

Staff member
The 3-18 will be perfect. I have the same scope with a different reticle. Excellent scope and I highly recommend it. Yes aluminum rings and base will do just fine.

rosewood

Traded a 700 30-06 synthetic for the same in 223. Just mounted and bore sighted a vortex crossfire 6-24x50 30mm tube. Eager to hit the range with it.

Rosewood

Jester896

Senior Clown
Here is that Loaded Springfield Champion that I got and picked up today.
IMG_0570.jpg
Sub-Model: Champion Lightweight
Barrel Length: 4" Fully Supported Ramped Bull
Capacity: 7
Finish: OD Green/Black Armory Kote
Product Model: 1911-A1 CHAMPION LOADED
Sights: Fixed Combat Trijicon Night Sights.

It is a little bumped up but I would expect that since it was a carry gun. Don't much care for those VZ grips but it also has the originals with it...a factory holster and double mag pouch too.

Last edited:

transfixer

I picked up a Ruger lcp 2 in .380 friday, wasn't looking for one, but came across a deal from an individual, so I grabbed it, I had given my original lcp to my daughter a while back for her to carry,, so I did have a void in my arsenal, not sure how much I'll carry it though, as my p365 has become my go everywhere carry piece now

Luckily I held onto some .380 civil defense ammo, so I'll have something to feed it with, as I had given all my other .380 ammo to her with the pistol , range ammo costs twice as much for a .380 now as it does for a 9mm ! crazy !

Dub

Here is that Loaded Springfield Champion that I got and picked up today.
View attachment 1102392
Sub-Model: Champion Lightweight
Barrel Length: 4" Fully Supported Ramped Bull
Capacity: 7
Finish: OD Green/Black Armory Kote
Product Model: 1911-A1 CHAMPION LOADED
Sights: Fixed Combat Trijicon Night Sights.

It is a little bumped up but I would expect that since it was a carry gun. Don't much care for those VZ grips but it also has the originals with it...a factory holster and double mag pouch too.

¡Muy bien!

Excellente !!!!!

Springfield has been nuts for a while...finally showing signs of life with the release of some of the Ronin offerings and the Vicker's Tactical.

That Champion .45 you have there is one of their classics that should have been keep in the lineup....in my opinion.

Appears they are offering a slightly expanded menu with their Custom Shop work.....starting to somewhat resemble an actual custom shop...expanded options finally.

Not full blown like in the heyday of the SACS...but at least better.

Dub

I actually did buy a gun today....or at least finished paying off the layaway.

Hope the dealer will get it delivered to my FFL by next weekend. Sure would be nice to hit the range and run some rounds through it.

100% carry pistola.

Flavor is .45acp. Ya'll already can guess the platform.

bullgator

I actually did buy a gun today....or at least finished paying off the layaway.

Hope the dealer will get it delivered to my FFL by next weekend. Sure would be nice to hit the range and run some rounds through it.

100% carry pistola.

Flavor is .45acp. Ya'll already can guess the platform.
We know how much you’ve been wanting a Hi Point....:pop:

Dub

We know how much you’ve been wanting a Hi Point....:pop:

:biggestshoot:

I needed it like another hole in my head....but what the heck....it's one off my all-time wishlist. (y)

@Dub with that one it gives me a 3, 4 and a few 5”s

You got 'em covered up nicely.

I'll be surprised if you don't fall head over heels :love: for that Champion.

4" bull barrel gives it some full sized attitude. The shorter sight radius is actually helpful for many....I'm one of them. I know in theory the longer sight radius is touted as more accurate......I simply know that with my sucktastic oculars....the short sight radius is the most visible. :rofl:

Dang solid find.

Dad isn't generally a fan of .45acp. One of our last range sessions together...been over 2 years ago...I was carrying a bull barreled commander. Near the end of the session I ran some carry ammo through it and before I reloaded & reholstered....he asked to shoot it.

He was pleasantly surprised. That small bit of bullish weight is right out there where it matters the most. Sure makes it handle more like a government than my 4.25" bushing guns. He shot it well.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I'll be surprised if you don't fall head over heels :love: for that

Dang solid find.

So I’m supposed to shoot it?

It rode between the seats for a period of time as a truck gun and needs a good cleaning. I pulled the slide off today and some of that oil needs to come out. Not any more difficult than my 3” to field strip. Frame is feather light.

Reactions: Dub

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
…Now to find a good iwb holster
Mark, I carry a 938 a lot in the summer. SIG makes the best IWB holster I could find - I really like it. It was inexpensive, but nice. If I were to have any negative comments it would be on the ambi safety is not covered on the external side. I have never had a problem since the strong side is covered and holds the safety in the locked position D5B30758-C6BF-4605-A690-815F57A678E2.jpeg32459B63-5800-403F-B336-B9FE688DB12F.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.