Where to get pigeons?

Nimrod71

Check for local livestock sales. We have goat sales here twice a month, first and third Saturdays and there are always someone with pigeons or bobwhite quail there. You will pay aroudn $4 each for quail and a little more for pigeons.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
Get one of these, set it near a park or bridge somewhere.

https://www.gundogsupply.com/pigeon...gUHJJBuuAgF0yqGr7xdI5yDLgMMONwP4aApv_EALw_wcB

***I have no idea if this is legal or what the regs for use would be and I'm too lazy to find out. Just the first thing that popped in my mind as a suggestion***

Pigeons are unprotected so you could trap them, but you need to release and other species caught in a trap. I wouldn't do it in a public park or WMA though without prior approval.

Ugahunter2013

Well, I got permission to trap some in 2 locations by old buildings that were holding a good many pigeons this morning. Time to build some traps.

FOLES55

Well, I got permission to trap some in 2 locations by old buildings that were holding a good many pigeons this morning. Time to build some traps.
I’m following this…
I’ve got my trap built, but haven’t installed the door and curious what style you will be using.

Ugahunter2013

I’m following this…
I’ve got my trap built, but haven’t installed the door and curious what style you will be using.
i havent built mine yet. Im going to use some pieces i already have. I thinking cattle panel covered in chicken wire. Im wanting tobuse a bob style door but having a hard time figuring out how to make it work. I got some bird seed today. Gonna fred up some of the sites trmy.

FOLES55

i havent built mine yet. Im going to use some pieces i already have. I thinking cattle panel covered in chicken wire. Im wanting tobuse a bob style door but having a hard time figuring out how to make it work. I got some bird seed today. Gonna fred up some of the sites trmy.
Popcorn ? is cooking, keep
Me posted